Compo's Smart Outfits

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
I just saw Desperate for a Duffield. I got me thinking of all the times Compo dressed up (mainly to impress the ladies). Wasn't the first time he did this in Spring Fever? Then of course there was The Last Surviving Maurice Chevalier Impression. I remember one of the funeral episodes he had the over-sized suit and hat.

I always enjoyed seeing Compo dressed up. Of course I love the show but his constant rags start bothering me after a while (I think its over-done). Maybe that's why I particularly enjoy these episodes. It is also amusing to see how he fixes up his hair.

I am a bit rusty as I don't remember every single episode, however, his outfit in Desperate for a Duffield might be my favorite (for comical purposes only). I love the striking red shirt with slick blue jacket.

Two questions for the forum members....

What other episodes involved Compo dressing up?
What's your favorite Compo outfit?

he dressed up in spring fever, going to gordons wedding, enter the phantom, the woolen mills of your mind,uncle of the bride, the day of the welsh ferret, twice in crums, happy anniversary gough and jessie, the footie outfit in the charity balls, the last surviving maurice chevalier impression, the phantom of the graveyard, desperate for a duffield and there goes the groom 2 my knowledge, altho ive probly missed a couple out which i have 4gotten about.
my favourite compo outfit was probly the footie 1 in the chaity balls, i thought his shorts were very funny.

In the suit that attracts blonds. That horrible suit that Glenda rid Barry of. I liked that.

Just watched next kiss please Compo wore a suit in that episode to try to win a bet with Foggy by getting a picture of him kissing Nora.

I used to go out with a feller who wore brightly coloured waistcoats. Not for long.

Did you wear sunglasses every time you went out just to protect your eyes.No wonder it did not last long.lol.I have a bright orange jumper in the wardrobe it must glow in the dark its that bright have no clue where i got it from. ;D

He was smartly dressed as he stood in the shop window at the end of the
episode Defeat of the Stoneworm. :)

He was also "smart" in the Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper, the stripped suit he has on. He was more clean than smart I should add ;)

Wish I'd thought of dark glasses, Amos! not only to shade my eyes but to hide behind!

Back