Compos musical turns.

Compo did a little song and dance "Put me amongst the girls" around his crudely fashioned pole in 'Pole Star', prior to pole vaulting onto the wall in front of the battleaxe brigade (Nora, Ivy and Pearl).

On the other side of the wall is the river. Pole vaulting was actually invented as a way of crossing rivers and streams without getting your feet wet!

I got in serious trouble when I was younger . In days gone by carpet which now is delivered on carboard tubes was delivered on a bamboo pole which my dad left in the passage for disposal. I thought it would be a great idea to pole vault using the bamboo pole onto the porch above the front door so I grabbed the pole ran towards the door planted the pole on the flagstones hoping to get a lift unfortunately the pole bounced of the flags continuing on straight through the glass door shattering it into loads of pieces . I need not explain the reaction of my parents needless to say it was a very very uncomfortable few days for me :eek:

I got in serious trouble when I was younger . In days gone by carpet which now is delivered on carboard tubes was delivered on a bamboo pole which my dad left in the passage for disposal. I thought it would be a great idea to pole vault using the bamboo pole onto the porch above the front door so I grabbed the pole ran towards the door planted the pole on the flagstones hoping to get a lift unfortunately the pole bounced of the flags continuing on straight through the glass door shattering it into loads of pieces . I need not explain the reaction of my parents needless to say it was a very very uncomfortable few days for me :eek:
Hopefully it was a deep pile carpet you had so you could sit on it to ease your discomfort :08:

And how soon after you saw the episode did you try this?. ;)

Yes I did similar things. But we survived. And no I don't promote any life or injury risking nonsense, but alas I did as a kid. My worse dice with death was shooting down a road (on my racing bike) called Monks Road coming into Charlesworth, Cheshire non handed and suddenly realised my brakes weren't working but I remembered there was a church and graveyard I could turn into hoping for a safer crash. I turned, skidded and landed near a grave. Knees cut, thigh bruised, elbows shredded etc. Followed by my laughing mates. I was about ten. Later when my dad got home from work he rolled his eyes shook his head and said ill mend your brakes lad. Madness ; )))

Back