Compo song`s and dance`s

Rob1969in

Dedicated Member
Just watched Extra Extra (again) although not my favourite episode, I love the Compo`s lost his wellies song, Bill was such a great comical song and dance man,wasn`t he.

Anyone know how many episodes he did a song and dance? and if anyone with a lot of time on their hands could do a montage of them, and put it on youtube ,I would be eternally grateful . ;D

I agree Robin, I loved the little songs and dances, just the small ones, usually under Nora's window that were in keeping with the storyline rather than little bits on their own.
When they come back from the pub in "The Woollen Mills..." and he tells her that he's not in the Marathon anymore is one I like and makes me chuckle.

I agree Robin, I loved the little songs and dances, just the small ones, usually under Nora's window that were in keeping with the storyline rather than little bits on their own.
When they come back from the pub in "The Woollen Mills..." and he tells her that he's not in the Marathon anymore is one I like and makes me chuckle.

When he steps out of the White Horse drunk, the song or ditty he sings is the same one does in "The Glory Hole". Something like "There was a man, he had a wife..." I couldn't understand the rest.

When he steps out of the White Horse drunk, the song or ditty he sings is the same one does in "The Glory Hole". Something like "There was a man, he had a wife..." I couldn't understand the rest.

"there was a man he had a wife and she was double jointed" ;D my personal favorites are "oh my auntie nelly has a wooden leg and she caught it in the mangle" and "you are my honey, honeysuckle i am the bee oh oh oh oh" ;D ;D

"I've get a message for Nora
Wonder who it could be
Someone who cares
She's unawares
Don't tell your granny cos she'll fall downstairs"

Also a classic ;D also theres one he does where he is wearing the trays in Downhill Racer but i could never understand the full song :(

That's the one CompoNelson! marvellous! Foggy always stopped him before he got really vulgar! It does make me chortle!

And when he's singing part of "Joe the Carrier's Lad" in "Heavily Reinforced Bottom" as he rides by Seymour and Clegg in the back of the truck.

Compo with his one man band gear.
"Whenever I see me Nora,me heart beats like a drum
I feel quite over come.
Whenever I see me Nora me heart it starts to beat
Me tweeter gives a tweet........"Then he falls down stairs.

Compo with his one man band gear.
"Whenever I see me Nora,me heart beats like a drum
I feel quite over come.
Whenever I see me Nora me heart it starts to beat
Me tweeter gives a tweet........"Then he falls down stairs.

"Me Tweeter Gives a Tweet AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Hilarious!

I think Roy Clarke must be a Fats Waller fan, he has included 'I'm Going to sit right down and write myself a letter' and 'Lulu's Back in Town' in the form of 'Nora's back in town' in the Man Who Nearly Knew Pavarotti'.

Mustn't forget the song and dance Compo does to lure Nora away from the house, so the trio can help Wally escape in 'Set the People Free'. Can anyone tell me the actual song that was based on? I think it has something to do with a poem about a spider and a fly.

In 'Downhill Racer', Compo begins the song with "here is a touch of the Ned Kelleys" or something like that.

OH....I LOVED HER,
IN THE SPRINGTIME ,WHEN THE SUN BEGINS TO SHINE,
AND I LOVED HER,IN THE SUMMER,WITH HER UNDIES ON THE LINE.. I cannot remember the middle bit...but he ends BUT LAST NIGHT,IN THE COWSHED WAS THE ONE I LOVED THE BEST [....I think ???]

Back