Compo`s Thursdays.

I watched 'Just a small Funeral' again this morning and it`s sad to watch as always. Auntie`s caper with her mobile phone, Howard`s predicament in the clothes shop and being caught by both Pearl and Marina with Reggie on his arm breaks the solemn mood nicely and reminds us that no matter what, the comedy doesn't stop. The show of course was never the same again, Bill was such a great loss, his shoes (or wellies) were never going to be easy to fill but at least we as fans have so many wonderful episodes with which to indulge ourselves.
Rest in peace Bill, you may be gone from us but you will never ever be forgotten.

I watched 'Just a small Funeral' again this morning and it`s sad to watch as always. Auntie`s caper with her mobile phone, Howard`s predicament in the clothes shop and being caught by both Pearl and Marina with Reggie on his arm breaks the solemn mood nicely and reminds us that no matter what, the comedy doesn't stop. The show of course was never the same again, Bill was such a great loss, His shoes (or wellies) were never going to be easy to fill but at least we as fans have so many wonderful episodes with which to indulge ourselves.
Rest in peace Bill, you may be gone from us but you will never ever be forgotten.
I SECOND THAT :D :'(

Watched SeeYa Compo today and Cleggs comment about him when he saw Reggie (So this is what the little devil did on Thursdays all this way on his bike) and Reggie being nonplussed about his love for another woman.I must admit I wondered why he favoured Nora even though she was the sexiest battleaxe in Yorkshire.
I agree Chris, I think they should have left us believing that Nora was the only one for him. This was what we were led to believe for years and I think it was a bit of a spoiler (and not very credible) to throw Reggie into the mix at the very end.

Watched 'Pâté and Chips' this morning and in this very early episode Bill Owen was already establishing himself as a favourite character. Every time I watch the first two years I mourn the early passing of Micheal Bates, I would have loved to have seen more of him and wonder how his character would have developed. :(

Watched 'Pâté and Chips' this morning and in this very early episode Bill Owen was already establishing himself as a favourite character. Every time I watch the first two years I mourn the early passing of Micheal Bates, I would have loved to have seen more of him and wonder how his character would have developed. :(

I like the Blamire era quite a bit, but I don't think the show would have reached the success it did with him. Blamire was a fairly complex character, whereas Foggy is simpler in his relationships to the others and I think that made the show more accessible to audiences.

Of course we will never know.

Back