Compo Columbus

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just watching Wind Power and the lads are in the pub discussing America, Compo " I can't go discovering America!"

So just for fun, please no one take this seriously, what if Compo DID discover America! How would America look today?
What there still have been the revolution? Would the Red Coats still have lost?

The way I see it is :

Ferrets would be the national symbol and worshipped .
The flag would be a ferret and and whippet sword fighting with bamboo tomato cains.
The national dress would be a trousers and jacket with a knitted hat.
The army would be armed with pea shoots and catapults.
The woman would have to wear wrinkled stockings and hair curlers by law.
The Statue Of Liberty would be holding a broom in one hand and a bookies slip in the other.
Coffee wouldn't exist, it would be tea in a saucer or Pale Ale.
And onion gravy would be compulsory.

:biggrin::biggrin:

There would be quite a noisy tea time as everyone would be sipping from saucers.

And as previously mentioned, we could say bye to the bald eagle as a national symbol and "hello ferrets".

Well, yes to all . . until the Revolution that is . . . ooops, did I say that out loud?

Great topic this.

I would have Compo as the Statue of Liberty, but with an ice cream cornet. The ice cream would be eaten in the manner he ate it The Ice Cream Man Cometh.

Las Vegas would all be betting shops and traditional English pubs.

Clegg would be vice president and Truly Secretary of State, Foggy head of Military, Seymour head of Education. Blaimire would be his press secretary. Everyone would wear wellies and a messy house would be chic.:respect:

Back