Compo and Reggie

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
I cant help thinking that Compo biking out to Throstlenest Farm every week would not have gone unnoticed for long.I can imagine Truly going into detective mode with curiosity and I can just see Eadie with a car full of ladies following Compo to see what he was getting up to every Thursday.

The trio didn't spend all their time together as in 'The Love Mobile' when Compo was on Smilers tandem and Cleggy and Foggy were with Wesley.

We really do have to allow for poetic licence.

Adding to Big Unc's comments, apparently Thursdays were a bit different from the rest of the week.

I cant help thinking that Compo biking out to Throstlenest Farm every week would not have gone unnoticed for long.I can imagine Truly going into detective mode with curiosity and I can just see Eadie with a car full of ladies following Compo to see what he was getting up to every Thursday.

Yes, the friendship of Compo and Reggie could have allowed a lot of storylines for numerous episodes.

I am always stunned about how much hiking and biking these elder folks do. Then again, its all in creative license.

Compo might have gone on the bus he did have a Metro pass ,the trio did not live in each others pockets all the time ,I would walked all the way to see Reggie!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maybe I'm the "odd man out," so to speak, but I never cared much for the Compo-Reggie connection that was revealed after his passing. I prefer to think that Nora was always the only woman for him!

Maybe I'm the "odd man out," so to speak, but I never cared much for the Compo-Reggie connection that was revealed after his passing. I prefer to think that Nora was always the only woman for him!
I would have to agree with you Babs.All those years that Compo professed his undying love for Nora, occasionally showing that he was genuinely sad that his love was unrequited. I know the show is comedy farce but still I think there has to be a level of credibility with the story lines and the idea that Compo was having an enduring relationship that nobody knew about ,not his mates nor us the viewers didn't seem believable somehow.

Back