Clothing

Every day, like when??

The particular question currently under discussion regarded what people wear (as in now), not what people wore (as in during the run of the show). Now the people I spend time with there dress is as I described, with the changes noted over the approximate 20 years of my visits there.

Marianna

I am sorry. Please accept my apology.

I had thought that we were discussing all this with reference
to The Last of the Summer Wine. My mistake.

I am sorry. Please accept my apology.

I had thought that we were discussing all this with reference
to The Last of the Summer Wine. My mistake.

LOL No problem. :) My question derailed the discussion anyway.

Let's talk about what everyone on there wears. Like the fact that they seem to wear the same thing every day. It seems like the women changed clothes but the men seemed to wear the same thing all the time. Or were we supposed to believe that they had a closet full of identical suits? LOL

Aw come onnn!!! Fashion??? We talkin Truly Truelove in a 3-piece
suit, tie, belted coat, hat, and leather gloves --- on top of a
rocky, grassy, sheep-dipped hillside. He walked there. In all this
stuff. And you do know Yorkshire weather. Had to be some rain,
some sleet, and some mud.

This is fashion? I do not think so.

This is humour -- British Humour!!

Everything was fashionable at one point, I wonder what happened to shoulder pads?

Everything was fashionable at one point, I wonder what happened to shoulder pads?

LOL My mom says shoulder pads were cool in the '80s, which is why I don't remember them because I wasn't born! LOL I wonder what happened to baggy, ripped jeans. Those were the in thing when I was a kid. Now kids are wearing tight, dark colored jeans. I can see teenagers and young adults wearing them, but I'm not too happy seeing my two year old niece in them.

Back