Buying From Auntie.

Oh to browse or not to browse, that is the question. If I were to shop at Auntie's I would want the freedom to browse and not to have someone pop out and try to immediately sell me something. I would like to think that Auntie would be smart enough to permit me to browse. To have someone pop out and say "Do you know what you want?" immediately kills the spirit of browsing.

Oh to browse or not to browse, that is the question. If I were to shop at Auntie's I would want the freedom to browse and not to have someone pop out and try to immediately sell me something. I would like to think that Auntie would be smart enough to permit me to browse. To have someone pop out and say "Do you know what you want?" immediately kills the spirit of browsing.

The browse option in stores seems to of gone full circle, years back they would pounce on you as soon as you entered the store, these days it is hard work to find anyone to help you, and often I have stood there waiting at customer services while 3 or 4 staff try and help one customer. they don't seem to grasp the concept that at least one of them could break away and help you

The browse option in stores seems to of gone full circle, years back they would pounce on you as soon as you entered the store, these days it is hard work to find anyone to help you, and often I have stood there waiting at customer services while 3 or 4 staff try and help one customer. they don't seem to grasp the concept that at least one of them could break away and help you

We mentioned this before about P-C World. When you want to browse they wont leave you be. When you want to buy , they disappear! !:33:

One essential item to buy is a lock pick because Auntie will have the door locked before you can utter the name Tom. Like a modern day Mr Ben I imagine her clothing department has a comprehensive stock for the budding Wild Bill Hickok or Charlie Chaplin.

I would love to look around. Will have to give it some thought and go thru some dvd's to see what she had. I KNOW, a wardrobe, yeah that is what I would get. You know she has one, or two...... three.

I suspect she is selling on ebay at present. You know the ones that advertise something as rare for a ridiculous price.

The other day I say "how to do it" book for model making priced at £24.99 and described as very rare. The only problem was I had the last 80 copies until recently in y cellar amd they were thrown out as it was out of date, not that well written and also a touch damp. I shuld have saved them and made nearly £2000!:p:p

If I were ever to go to Auntie's, she'd probably lock the door on me and not let me out until I bought something and it would be my luck that I would end up with the most useless item ever.

Back