Black and White Movies.

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
What is everyone's favourite classic Black and White Movie. I love the Grapes of Wrath and How Green was my Valley plus the earlier Carry ons. I also like the Tarzan Movies with Johnny Wiesmuller

The Maltese Falcon, Run Silent, Run Deep, Paths of Glory, Sink the Bismark, Citizen Kane, A Christmas Carol, with Alastair Sim, Frankenstein, Psycho, any of the Laurel & Hardy films. I also like The Grapes of Wrath and Tarzan, with Johnny Wiesmuller..

Last edited:
Angels with Dirty Faces, Double Indemnity, Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot , any Laurel and Hardy . Can I give a shout out for the Hitchcock Shorts which are available on Sky Arts on catch up as a box set . They start with a typical Hitchcock vignette very very funny but whilst the episodes might look dated they are so well made and the stories still stack up , the first series dates from 1954!!! unbelievable.

What is everyone's favourite classic Black and White Movie. I love the Grapes of Wrath and How Green was my Valley plus the earlier Carry ons. I also like the Tarzan Movies with Johnny Wiesmuller
Saturday Night And Sunday Morning starring Albert Finney. Absolutely brilliant film.
"I'm out for a good time - all the rest is propaganda!".

Back