Big or little "C"

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
So, since my major scare in 2018, when my Consultant told me I had Cancer of the kidney, I have been living on tenterhooks.
At the end of 2018 they removed said kidney and have since been sending a camera and laser equipment (annually) up to my remaining kidney.
During the examination in 2019 they discovered a 5mm tumour which they were able to laser.

Today was the third examination since that last positive, and the last three have proved negative, they found nothing. I am feeling particularly positive for my future now. There are very few words I can think of to describe my feeling of relief...... three years and counting.

p.s. Other than Terry and my Daughter you are the first I am prepared to share this information with, I am a little old fashioned about this kind of thing. I'll probably look at this post in six months time and think WHY.......

Just on this great news, anyone anytime if you notice anything changing or feeling not quite right.... GET IT CHECKED...

Great news Tony! I can relate well as I also have a lesion (or 2) on my kidneys, that are being monitored. At present they are too small to tell if they are "C" or not but I get regular blood tests and have a CAT scan every 4 months or so. As I have already had Bowel Cancer and had a large chunk of my Large intestine removed (Before my trip to Summer Wine Land! :)), followed by a small chunk of lung after the "C" metastasized there (AFTER my trip to Summer Wine Land!) (and after 2 bouts of Chemo!) They are keeping a good eye on those kidney lesions. I am due for another camera crew to visit my nether regions in the new year as well! :fp:

On reviewing my last post it seems a bit needy "me me me". Is not meant to be. Tony I meant for it to be total support and not "inspirational" but a similar sentiment from someone who has intimate knowledge of at least some of what you are going through.
Great news you have been getting negative results! Keep strong and carry on! :01:

Tony this is great news, I'm so glad you feel you can share this with us being old fashion is one thing but not getting the support you should get is another. We all need support now and then even from strangers.

Brian sounds like you've been in the wars but keep fighting the good fight.

Back