Barry

Doesn't look 71 , second time he has appeared in Casualty according to IMDB he appeared as a different guest character in 2004 in what must have been a break from filming LOTSW . It is interesting to look at IMDB for actors/actresses careers to often see the diversity in their roles . Mike appears to have been the voice of Sir Robert Norramby in Thomas the Tank engine and Friends interestingly not only for the series that was shown here but also in the US where normally but not always they would use American actors to dub the soundtrack .

I have occasionally glanced at Thomas the Tank and it DOES NOT SEEM to be "dubbed" in an American accent. Not sure why cute British accents need to be replaced, although local dialects may be too thick to be understood, but I did not detect any thick dialects in Thomas the Tank. Now remind me. What is the name of the engine that Thomas the Tank is modeled upon?

I did not detect any thick dialects

Clearly you have not viewed the episodes voiced by Ringo Starr . There is an English comedian who does a very funny routine about that show . He and his wife have a child and as he is a Comedian her works late nights , because his wife has gone back to work part time he watches their child during the day .

To entertain the child he puts Thomas the Tank on the Children's channel . After a few days he really gets into watching it and increasingly he cannot wait to view it . Unfortunately one day he is changing the baby's nappy and misses it . He is beside himself wondering what happened to Thomas and Gordon today . He then thinks how can I find out because I can hardly go down the pub and ask his mates " Did anyone the Thomas the Tank today ? Please can you put me out of my misery and let me know what happened!"

I have occasionally glanced at Thomas the Tank and it DOES NOT SEEM to be "dubbed" in an American accent. Not sure why cute British accents need to be replaced, although local dialects may be too thick to be understood, but I did not detect any thick dialects in Thomas the Tank. Now remind me. What is the name of the engine that Thomas the Tank is modeled upon?
It was an LBSCR 0-6-0T locomotive, class E2 and there were five with the extended side tanks numbers 105 - 109. Built 1915.

Back