Auntie Wainwrights sales

amos hames

Dedicated Member
I was watching wheelies last night in which clegg bought(sorry was sold) a ladies foundation garmet "Only a small one'It was a bargin" what other items has she sold to the gang or anyone else.Not sure if this has been done before but it could be fun to remember what she has sold people.

Foggy a telescope and a video camera
Howard a combined coat and hat stand and umbrella rack.

There are lots more.Can u think of any.

She sold Clegg a BBQ once, a cup and saucer, pair of ear rings, a wardrobe.

She sold Compo a stuffed owl (also a police officer was sold a stuffed owl)

The trio were sold a tractor wheel in 'Wheelies' and an old metal locker in 'Aladdin gets on your wick'

I'll let someone else have a go now, there are loads to choose from ;D

She sold a dog a teapot type thingy and she sold Smiler a thingermy for £5.

She sold Clegg a BBQ once, a cup and saucer, pair of ear rings, a wardrobe.

She sold Compo a stuffed owl (also a police officer was sold a stuffed owl)

The trio were sold a tractor wheel in 'Wheelies' and an old metal locker in 'Aladdin gets on your wick'

I'll let someone else have a go now, there are loads to choose from ;D

LOL, she must have had a surplus of stuffed owls. Amos already mentioned the telescope and video camera, and shortly after that, the mounted deer head for Foggy and the dirty mop for Clegg. I recentrly mentioned that I loved how Foggy (during the early 90's) was the only one dumb enough to actually think he made out well at her shop!

Also, I liked how she would fool Clegg with a tea. Offering him a free tea but afterwards charging him for the cup and saucer!!!! And then later, luring him in with the offer of tea only to lock him in. I forget which episodes these were (approx. 1993).

Did she not sell Barry a motorbike and Smiler a Tandem,Oh and she sold the policemen a motorbike

Don't forget she sold Howard some camping gear, a rope ladder and half portion of a milking matcine.

She also sold Marina camping gear, a snooker table and a stuffed gorilla!

I don't mean to veer off from the topic of what items Auntie sold too much, but I am currently enjoying Season 16 on my station. I know it is not considered Summer wine's best era. However, there is a lot of good in this time and Auntie adds a lot to the episodes in Series 15 and 16.

She works great with Clegg, Foggy, and Smiler. I mentioned before how Foggy always thinks he does so well at Auntie's shop. Smiler goes from being a "victim" by living with Nora to working for Auntie (he just can't get any breaks).

However, I am recently catching how well Jean Alexander works with Peter Sallis. Clegg is known for having that uneasy, nervous, unconfident smile around strong women; Marina, Nora, Pearl, etc. I have recently noticed when he is close to Auntie with his nervous smile, she has this look on her face that reads "I got this one". It is sort of like a lion eyeing its prey.

Sorry Amos, if I get your topic off track. That's not my intention. I just had to share what I am currently enjoying.

You're right. Cod. You know me, I'm a total Clegg/Sallis fan. But Jean Alexander is a really good actress. For years people here thought of her as just Hilda Ogden, but I tell you what, that woman can act.

In crums she sold Clegg a wooden toy train'Compo a stuffed parrot and Seymour was sold a doll which he gave to Fran(Crushers Girlfriend). :)

If I recall correctly...

She sold Howard a ceramic shepherdess which he later gave to Marina.

She sold a lot of second-hand clothing to the trio as well.

Didn't she also rent out scooters and/or bicycles to the trio?

Back