April 2014 Ask George

What is your favorite movie?

That's difficult because I love watching all kinds of films.I'm a John Wayne fan and I love CGI films.
I think if I had to pick an alltime favourite it would be 'Scrooge' with Alastair Sim.
For overall awesomeness I think the very first time I saw 'Jaws'
For sheer magic 'Snow White and the 7 dwarfs'

How are things on the health front George?? Are you keeping up with the exercising and rehab?? :)

How are things on the health front George?? Are you keeping up with the exercising and rehab?? :)

I must admit I'm a little scare.I was due to see my consultant on the 9th June but now he wants to see me next Friday.
I'm doing the Rehab,I've had blood tests,chest scan and ultra sound scan and I'm hoping there are no little shocks waiting for me.

I must admit I'm a little scare.I was due to see my consultant on the 9th June but now he wants to see me next Friday.
I'm doing the Rehab,I've had blood tests,chest scan and ultra sound scan and I'm hoping there are no little shocks waiting for me.

Good luck George.

George I was wondering how you have found this experience this month? Have you enjoyed it? I just wondered especially seeing away from here its been a very difficult month for you

wow that shy?

Really? I wouldn't expect that from anyone on this site George!!:16:

Have you ever met anyone famous? Have you been to any concerts? :respect: As a young teen, and adult.

It is getting harder by the end of the month, afraid of asking question twice.:30::39:

George I was wondering how you have found this experience this month? Have you enjoyed it? I just wondered especially seeing away from here its been a very difficult month for you

I've enjoyed it Darren.It has helped take my mind off other things.

Really? I wouldn't expect that from anyone on this site George!!:16:

Have you ever met anyone famous? Have you been to any concerts? :respect: As a young teen, and adult.

It is getting harder by the end of the month, afraid of asking question twice.:30::39:

I've always been painfully shy.It has always held me back.
I have never been to a concert or even a theatre.
I once met Billy Bremner and Nobby Stiles,2 'soccer' players from the 60's - 70's.
I wish I could have met John Wayne,Bruce Lee and George Best.

No question George but just wanted to say that I actually was painfully shy as well. I couldn't even talk to my own aunts and uncles as a child growing up. I just wouldn't talk.

I am an open book now but I still try to hide my insecurities by kidding around and joking. So I truly understand what you mean by being painfully shy.

As Darin had shared about talking to his wife about your jokes, my mom is staying with me for a while and wonders why I am laughing. I tell her it's George! ;D Now everyday she has me read to her all your jokes. She loves them!

Just my way of saying how much my mom and I love your gift of making us laugh. :)

Last edited:
George, this is for you

If you'd given me the choice of going out and beating four men and smashing a goal in from thirty yards against Liverpool or going to bed with Miss World, it would have been a difficult choice. Luckily, I had both.

Wow.... I take my hat to the woman. Can you ask her how she got you to put the washing in the basket, I've got mine putting on the lid but no farther! ?

Back