Anyone Seen this Book

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
The Making of the Vintage Years of "Last of the Summer Wine" By Malcolm Howarth

Lz0uvRL.jpg

Ive never heard of it before. I see they are selling used copies on amazon for very little money. This is is the only review of the book I could find.
http://www.discoveryguides.co.uk/product/the_making_of_last_of_the_summer_wine_photoguide/

I think I may have it. When we were still travelling up every year we used to visit the tourist information shop. They usually had any new books that were out. I will look in my cupboard.

Yes, I have it too.

There's a picture of Sid and Ivy, in costume, during the making of Getting Sam Home, inside The White Horse. Since there is no such scene in the episode, can only assume the actors are having lunch.

Also have a similar book Summer Wine Country - TV Locations PhotoGuide - NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH Summer Wine County by Roy Clarke.

Thanks everyone,of course I had seen it but had forgotten the title,once a picture was posted I recall having a copy somewhere,I think maybe the cover picture may have change over it's published life,maybe it is time to hoover up some of the cheap ones online

Yes I have several, there was a new one each year in the early 1990s. I purchased them from the old photographic exhibition that pre-dated the present one.

I actually have that book. Found it on Amazon at a good price.

It's just want I like to see: a decent amount of behind the scenes photos with nice descriptions. Now, if only more photo books like that were released...

Back