Anyone else remember those "Little Chef's"

Loved little Chefs always pulled off the Motorway to go to them when I could , they were expensive but a nice treat . I did travel extensively from North East to North West always made a beeline for Tebay but as a big tea drinker the disappointment was I could never get a mug of tea I was always given a cup, Mugs were for lorry drivers only .

When Killington Lake opened always went there on sunny days because you could sit outside and relax with the view . There was also a lovely little tea room in Brough I stopped at often on the return journey remember it being quite quirky , the owner I think I recall was a friend of Dave Cousins from the Strawbs I think and aside from some memorabilia I believe he played there sometimes .

There was the Little Chef along with Happy Eater, we used to call them diminutive culinary expert and ecstatic gourmet

I used to have one close to me in High Lane, which is now an Indian restaurant when I last passed that way.

Once we went there for my Brother's birthday.

I went to the Wimpy in Shrewsbury the other year. It was my first visit to one since about 1986 in Manchester!!
When I saw it walking down the road I had to pinch myself, I thought I was hallucinating:)

The last Little Chef was near the Scottish border I believe, we used to go in there on our way to Scotland, I always loved going in there unlike the service stations now which really dismal.

The last Little Chef was near the Scottish border I believe, we used to go in there on our way to Scotland, I always loved going in there unlike the service stations now which really dismal.
Whilst I agree with your point generally there is a couple of farm shop type motorway service stations, one is in Gloucester I recall and they're really great places to visit.

Theres one called West Moorlands in Cumbria which we always use on the way to Scotland, has great meat and fresh veg, we always stock up on on our way back.

And look what popped up in my Facebook feed, this one was not far from me just on the A1, it sat empty for years and is now a need plenty of bucks coffee
LC.jpg

Back