Any Fellers Hurt by Handbagging from the Ladies??

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
:D Not having read either Bright and Ross or Andrew Vines books I have to ask if any of the men were hurt when attacked with trays or handbags?? Pearl in particular seems to really lay in to Howard on occasion :eek: ;)

i remember a pic from in the bright and ross book of alan bell standing in 4 an actor (probably bill owen) when nora was practicising fighting off someone

On one of "Home Movies," the lady who slammed Eli with her purse then gave him a very large hug after the camera was turned off.

I remember in the episode where Howard bought a car Pearl bashes the previous owner with an umbrella. She laid into him so hard it must have hurt some :D

I've thrown mine at the husband once or twice and apart from the lopsided walk and slurred speech I don't think its done him any harm so I wouldn't worry if they were hurt Dick ;D

I've thrown mine at the husband once or twice and apart from the lopsided walk and slurred speech I don't think its done him any harm so I wouldn't worry if they were hurt Dick ;D
Remind me not to cross you!! :eek: :eek:

I think your safe Dick its been a while since I could chuck a handbag from here to Nottingham, the old lobbing arm isn't what it used to be :D

You have to cater for every eventuality, you never know when you'll need Duct Tape and a house brick 8)

The umbrellas, handbags etc were all props. Can you imagine if they were real???? LOL

The umbrellas, handbags etc were all props. Can you imagine if they were real???? LOL

Compo,
Maybe you know something that I don't know. Even if the handbags and umbrellas were props, they looked pretty real to me. OK, so the handbag probably didn't contain one wallet, three books, a fold-up umbrella, two magazines, 80 quarters and various receipts from the past year, but it still looked like handbag to me. And Pearl's umbrella had to be sturdy enough to withstand head bashing. But perhaps there is a difference.

I used to wonder if it was clever editing and she used to whack them with a foil tray, then get shown holding a solid tray?? Sound effects added later of course ! :D

I used to wonder if it was clever editing and she used to whack them with a foil tray, then get shown holding a solid tray?? Sound effects added later of course ! :D

Sure sounded good and real. I loved how Compo would rub his head afterwards. I can remember as a kid when you would hurt yourself, for some reason rubbing it seemed to make the pain go away faster :)

Have you noticed the audience's gasp when the tray "sound effect" is a little extra loud.

What did Cleggy say to Sid once,? "If the archeologists come around in years to come they will think there was a breed of Yorkshiremen with flat heads!" :D

I have to ask this because my knowledge of Yorkshire is very limited. Why does Roy Clarke make the women of Yorkshire so mean?

They were a bit like the pioneer women of the old west,they just seemed tough. >:( Most of the women where I grew up in Notts were matriarchs! I married into a family where the mother of my wifes father used to march to the local pub and pick up her drunk husband (who was Wally size) and march home with him over her shoulder in a sort of firemans carry!! ;D ;D

Back