Another American fan

Sarkus

Dedicated Member
I actually registered on the board a while back but never got around to posting so decided it was time to do that. ;D

I discovered LOTSW several years ago (around 2007) when my local PBS station decided to show some episodes. As it turns out, my introduction to the series was actually "Elegy for Fallen Wellies," if you can believe that, but I was familiar with Frank Thornton and didn't really grasp who Compo was at that point. They only showed Series 21 and 22 episodes before the local station dropped the show but I quickly became a fan. Sadly I could find no other source of episodes at that time other than the few (and expensive) seasons on Amazon that had been released over here.

But I never forgot the show, periodically checking to see if access was improved. So I was extremely happy a few years ago to discover that so many episodes are on YouTube and have since watched through the series over and over again. Like a lot of fans, I never seem to get bored with the show - at some level it really appeals to me and has become a very relaxing activity that I look forward to. And now I understand who Compo was, not to mention all the other great characters from those earlier seasons.

So I'm glad there is still a place where fans of the show get together and share what they love about it.

I actually registered on the board a while back but never got around to posting so decided it was time to do that. ;D

I discovered LOTSW several years ago (around 2007) when my local PBS station decided to show some episodes. As it turns out, my introduction to the series was actually "Elegy for Fallen Wellies," if you can believe that, but I was familiar with Frank Thornton and didn't really grasp who Compo was at that point. They only showed Series 21 and 22 episodes before the local station dropped the show but I quickly became a fan. Sadly I could find no other source of episodes at that time other than the few (and expensive) seasons on Amazon that had been released over here.

But I never forgot the show, periodically checking to see if access was improved. So I was extremely happy a few years ago to discover that so many episodes are on YouTube and have since watched through the series over and over again. Like a lot of fans, I never seem to get bored with the show - at some level it really appeals to me and has become a very relaxing activity that I look forward to. And now I understand who Compo was, not to mention all the other great characters from those earlier seasons.

So I'm glad there is still a place where fans of the show get together and share what they love about it.

Thanks for introducing yourself and so pleased you managed to see all the episodes,have a good time on the forum

Hello Sarkus! I also started watching the last of the series through PBS and thenthe earlier episodes. I wish only that PBS would. show all the series of that year before they move to thenext one.

Beth

Welcome Sarkus!! Yank as well, Florida. Love the folks here, very kind, like a family(well, like most families ;D ).

Back