Amazon Using Up the Amazon.

The number of times I have ordered items like hard drives and compuer memory from Amazon and Ebuyer and they turn up in boxes big enough to house a bloody washing machine!
Pure wastage.

Maybe they are just using up the extra odd size boxes they have lying around before the boxes 'Ship By' dates expire. :giggle2:

Yet another time they will pack something like a hard drive with no protection into a box only suitable for a book or DVD, that drops through the letter box and it's faulty by the time it left Amazon

Given the pressure they work under to meet deadlines in the warehouses I imagine that the personnel are disparate in the manner they pack items, despite presumably having formal training and inspection of their work . Under pressure to hit targets you would just grab any box /packing if you have fallen behind to prevent you being given a warning . I have some sympathy for the people on the shop floor because the business has grown so exponentially the targets must be horrendous to meet .

Given the pressure they work under to meet deadlines in the warehouses I imagine that the personnel are disparate in the manner they pack items, despite presumably having formal training and inspection of their work . Under pressure to hit targets you would just grab any box /packing if you have fallen behind to prevent you being given a warning . I have some sympathy for the people on the shop floor because the business has grown so exponentially the targets must be horrendous to meet .

Exactly Captain, I also feel this is the reason why the packing makes no sense, I also think if supplies run short they use what they can just to keep going, it must be a living hell working in those places, along with the delivery drivers, we have had them deliver at 9pm and still have lots to do before they finish

Exactly Captain, I also feel this is the reason why the packing makes no sense, I also think if supplies run short they use what they can just to keep going, it must be a living hell working in those places, along with the delivery drivers, we have had them deliver at 9pm and still have lots to do before they finish
I've heard some right stories. It should be down to management to make sure they have enough packaging, I never leave feedback on the packaging because the rong person gets the blame for it.

Yes I often find I get enormous boxes, which consequently can not be delivered. I expect boxes to be close fit but obviously Pearl is the recipient of a "Let's annoy Pearl" competition Amamzon staff have....

Back