A Young Barry?

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Can't remember how I stumbled across this youtube video to begin with. About 1 minute and 17 seconds in the young man looks and sounds a lot like our Barry from LotSW in a Pepsi commercial.

Screenshot 2017-11-29 at 4.57.15 PM.png Screenshot 2017-11-29 at 4.57.50 PM.png

The advert just before this features Penelope Keith. A fan of hers from The Good Life / Good Neighbors, To the Manor Born, No Job for a Lady.

Oh yes, I remember seeing a young Barry in a small part in an episode of the series Lucky Feller with David Jason.

Last edited:
It would not be with the offer of a can of Pepsi! If they were indeed picking "blackberries" , as they told Edie , then perhaps an Innocent Smoothie is more appropriate , a term , well 50 % of , you can level at Barry, certainly the former rather than the latter. :)

It would not be with the offer of a can of Pepsi! If they were indeed picking "blackberries" , as they told Edie , then perhaps an Innocent Smoothie is more appropriate , a term , well 50 % of , you can level at Barry, certainly the former rather than the latter. :)

Wouldn't the "blackberry picking" have come long after their first meeting, well into their very long courtship? Actually, I doubt that Barry approached Glenda. The character was so timid that it seems more likely that she approached him.

Who knows , first date walking along a leafy lane would seem romantic and appropriate , especially as Edie would have spies strategically placed along the route .

Back