A Summer Wine Moment

Adanor

Dedicated Member
I happened to be driving home from the grocery store and the middle school was just letting out AND there were three kids perched on one bicycle! One on the seat, one in back and one on the front. A truly amazing moment!!!

Adanor's thread gave me an idea. What if we post our own Summerwine moments?! I know I have a ton because I grew up in a dysfunctional family but that dysfunction made things a bit CRAZY but also gave me a mountain of funny stories.

What do you all think?

Last edited:
Adanor's thread gave me an idea. What if we post our own Summerwine moments?! I know I have a ton because I grew up in a dysfunctional family but that dysfunction made things a bit CRAZY but also gave me a mountain of funny stories.

What do you all think?

Sounds good to me - I can not recall any for myself as yet but perhaps some ideas will come to me.

My computer is down so I won't post now on this subject. It takes forever to type on this phone. Grr

My earliest LOTSW moment was my dad's fault. Our cows got loose and had made their way to the local town park. The cows which there were three, had interrupted a little league softball game. Dad made us go down and try to coral them back through the gate onto our property. My brother, cousins and I had been positioned in a half circle so that the cows wouldn't go back to the park. My uncle O.D. (Oscar Dale) and dad corralled them towards us. Glen and Greg and Patty did a great job getting them to where they needed to go but I decided that these cows were going to run me over and I ran away screaming. Well the cows went a bit crazy with my yelling and went back to the park.

My cousins, after dad and uncle O.D. picked them up off the ground from their laughing, rounded them up again. I, the "Cleggy" of the group, stayed with dad and uncle O.D.

That is my LOTSW moment.

More years ago than I care to dwell on, my parents lived next door to a farm and a very large pig decided to go for a wander and some how got into our garden, it then decided to explore the porch. Having got in for some strange reason it got stuck and couldn't get out again !! The ensuing mayhem was hysterical :- my Mother armed with a yard brush pushing and yelling as she tried to get the animal to reverse out of door way , pig, grunting and squealing as it tried to back out and getting no where had me crying with laughter. I was eventually sent post haste via the front door to find the farmer who fortunately had realised pig had gone missing and was on is way to us, and quickly extricated said animal who was by now making more noise than my Mother.

Could this be a LOTSW moment do you think ??

One time when I was in my early teens, it snowed here, and my cousin, my sister, and I decided to go sledding down a hill together. Like, the three of us were literally sharing a sled built for one. I remember basically riding piggy back on my cousin and my sister standing on the back of the sled. I think my cousin was the only one actually sitting on the sled. Well, anyway, we crashed and ended up in a ditch. I don't know if that counts as a Summer Wine moment, but I could imagine the trio doing something like that! LOL

One time when I was in my early teens, it snowed here, and my cousin, my sister, and I decided to go sledding down a hill together. Like, the three of us were literally sharing a sled built for one. I remember basically riding piggy back on my cousin and my sister standing on the back of the sled. I think my cousin was the only one actually sitting on the sled. Well, anyway, we crashed and ended up in a ditch. I don't know if that counts as a Summer Wine moment, but I could imagine the trio doing something like that! LOL

They did similar in the episode GIVE US A LIFT , Foggy had the idea of a "chair lift" to carry people up the steep hills' All three were on a 4 wheel cart being towed up the hill by Wesley when the tow rope came free and off down hill they went clinging on for dear life. ;D ;D

... the three of us were literally sharing a sled built for one.

Definitely a Summer Wine Moment!

Reminds me of the many times the trio were all on Clegg's bicycle. Clegg wouldn't be able to operate the brakes because the passenger on the handlebars was in the way, and they'd crash, sometimes into a ditch.

Marianna

They did similar in the episode GIVE US A LIFT , Foggy had the idea of a "chair lift" to carry people up the steep hills' All three were on a 4 wheel cart being towed up the hill by Wesley when the tow rope came free and off down hill they went clinging on for dear life. ;D ;D

LOL I remember that one! It's amazing how they managed to not get seriously injured with some of the things they did! LOL

My late grandfather had a few Compo-like qualities (the one on my mom's side married to my Roz-like grandmother!). He was never the most responsible person. He would take me for rides on his Kawasaki motor cycle (when I was like 12-13) and go fast around bends and even weave through construction sites to avoid sitting in traffic! He was like 70 at the time.

Back almost 4 years ago when my wife was pregnant with our 2nd son, we went for a doctor appointment. In the parking we saw the back of a tall, thin elderly man walking with a cane wearing a light jacket and a flat cap walking away. My older son (a little less than 3 at the time) literally asked "Is that Foggy?"

I was quite proud.

Back