3 days to go.

amos hames

Dedicated Member
On Saturday I leave for my Annual trip to Yorkshire. This years highlights include.

Canal boat trip in Skipton
Bolton Abbey
Walking on Ilkley Moor.
Reeth in the Dales.- Supposed to really be nice there.
Scarboro
Whitby
And of Course Holmfirth.

Has anyone been to Reeth . My brother went and said it was lovely.

Any feed back on other places would be useful as I have a spare day.

On Saturday I leave for my Annual trip to Yorkshire. This years highlights include.

Canal boat trip in Skipton
Bolton Abbey
Walking on Ilkley Moor.
Reeth in the Dales.- Supposed to really be nice there.
Scarboro
Whitby
And of Course Holmfirth.

Has anyone been to Reeth . My brother went and said it was lovely.

Any feed back on other places would be useful as I have a spare day.

Reeth is very nice and while you are in Scarboro you can pop in and say hello to Ken Kitson he is normally in a shop in Town,pm me if you are not sure which one

amos I would consider going to Downham the village used for filming Born & Bred some years back,take A59 from Skipton,go through Gisburn, leave the A59 and go into Chatburn,then Downham Road,a lovely small village which still looks like it did in the TV show

About 20 minute drive from Skipton

amos I would consider going to Downham the village used for filming Born & Bred some years back,take A59 from Skipton,go through Gisburn, leave the A59 and go into Chatburn,then Downham Road,a lovely small village which still looks like it did in the TV show

About 20 minute drive from Skipton

Going down the A59 there is a reasonable Pantry (open 9am - 5pm seven days) - looks like a 1930s style wooden shack cafe - near West Marton crossroads and then a very good Deli and cafe in Gisburn (used to be Post Office) which I have often patronised.

Last edited:
Back