10 years Sunday

• Thread starter Compo, Foggy and Clegg
  • Start date
C

Compo, Foggy and Clegg

Hi just registered to the forum after being on UKTV's for a couple of years and want to start with a very dejavu point.

This sunday (12th July) is the 10th anniversary of Bill Owen's death, it is hard to think where them 10 years have gone.
It is a fitting tribute to such a fine actor that the show he loved so much has continued without him.
The 12th of July would also have been Kathy Staff's birthday, lets hope Compo and Nora enjoy the day together.
The 12th is also the birthday of Tom Owen, very wierd coincidences going on here.
Finally this Sunday make it a Last of the Summer Wine day wherever you are in the world, I myself am actually going up to Holmfirth to celebrate the show and life of Bill and Compo.

Till the next time

Compo, Foggy and Clegg.

Hi,

yes, this occured to me a few days ago, too! For a special reason, because I´ll be packing my suitcase on that Sunday and prepare to leave for England on Monday and see Peter Sallis on Wednesday in his theatre show. I did it once before in March and it was so great and he was so kind to me that I decided I´ll go again. Now I´m a little afraid if they talk about Bill Owen, his death´s anniversary could bring a very bitter note into it. But of course it would be a very nice way to pay a personal tribute to him for me, listening to what Peter Sallis says about him.
I know, that´s a strange chain of coincidences about Bill Owen´s death and the birthdays.
Oh, going to Holmfirth to celebrate LOTSW must be great, send Compo our regards :).

Back