Would you like to buy Entwistle's Toyota Hi-lux van?

theatrically_inclined

Dedicated Member
OK, slow down - first, a disclaimer: it is not mine to sell, but the person that has it would really like to get rid of it!

As you can see it's not a fully roadworthy vehicle; this is a cut-down front end that was used with "greenscreen" background video superimposed to simulate driving on the road.

If you want to know more, best to use the "envelope" button to "start a conversation" with me ...

IMG_8652.jpg

OK, slow down - first, a disclaimer: it is not mine to sell, but the person that has it would really like to get rid of it!

As you can see it's not a fully roadworthy vehicle; this is a cut-down front end that was used with "greenscreen" background video superimposed to simulate driving on the road.

If you want to know more, best to use the "envelope" button to "start a conversation" with me ...

View attachment 5573
Didn't they only use geenscreen driving towards the end of the series? In earlier series it was done for real.

Didn't they only use geenscreen driving towards the end of the series? In earlier series it was done for real.
This is one "statistic" I have not researched! However, it does seem likely... but interestingly, it seems the greenscreen for Entwistle's van and Edie's car (and others) were often done on location - as the cast and vehicles were there already - and using real daylight (albeit with some added lighting) looks better on screen.

In later series I have seen the crew filming for real, the had an old mini moke stripped down, so the could drive in front of them

Would love to see photos that onlookers would have taken throughout the years. Oddly there doesn't seem to be much in the way of outtakes/ bloopers? I wonder if Foggys son who worked on the show would have any?

Would love to see photos that onlookers would have taken throughout the years. Oddly there doesn't seem to be much in the way of outtakes/ bloopers? I wonder if Foggys son who worked on the show would have any?
Cough! "Foggy's son" was responsible for some of the bloopers! In series 21 and 22 there were a few times we saw something on screen that was not intended!

That would make sense Graham, it always struck me in that episode that the LR there looked newer than all his others, it's an 82/83 plate and from memory that episode was filmed in the early eighties?

They would have needed a full roof racked safari model just to transport Foggys boat, Wesley's usual pick up wouldn't be suitable for that use. Again, they used another like that when they stood on a Land Rover roof to clean the cafe windows.

I love the iconic Land Rovers, I always look when I pass one on the road a real appreciating classic car! Wesley was clearly onto something.....

Back