Winter Scenes

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I love the Christmas episodes, but it does interest me how much trouble they go to to make it feel as though it was filmed during the winter months, the one episode that makes me wonder if the budget was already spent that year was Barry's Christmas.
In that episode the trio are walking along talking about Foggy's bleeper, then Wesley stops in the hearse, there is not a hint of snow, when they pull up at the White Horse pub, there is snow on the ground around the pub, but none of the other roads visible or on rooftops etc.

I was there when they filmed the special A Short blast of Fred Astaire, on those few days they recorded the hottest days of the year, I felt so sorry for cast and crew working in those temperatures.

I also recall when they were filming plenty of room in the back, on a disused road, up until 11am it was cool and misty, then the sun broke through, by the time they were filming the interior of the hearse with the cast inside, a black vehicle with extra lighting inside, it was bad enough outside, with Truly and Cleggy having all those clothes on it must of been very uncomfortable as it all takes time and several takes, but I never heard any complaints

I've highlighted the filming of the Christmas episodes recently, the flowers in full bloom outside Howards house is usually a dead giveaway!

Were any of the episodes ever filmed outside the summer months?

I've highlighted the filming of the Christmas episodes recently, the flowers in full bloom outside Howards house is usually a dead giveaway!

Were any of the episodes ever filmed outside the summer months?

Simple answer Barry No, they filmed the first block May time for 6 weeks, then back around the August bank Holiday for 4-6 weeks, that said they did get bad weather during those times some years, one year they had to flee the base camp as it was flooding, and spent a fews days in a building in Marsden, when the rain was so bad they could not film, just do rehearsals

Back