Why no new DVD's?

Blue summer

Dedicated Member
I started buying the DVD sets around 2005 i think it was, much delight when the episodes featuring Blamire came out.
I started taping the episodes from TV back in 1984, when i bought my first VHS recorder, a Sharp front loader that cost £500!!
I can remember some of the first episodes i recorded were "Getting Sam home", "From Wellies to wetsuit" and "The odd dog men".
Mainly from episodes 5/6 i began recording them whenever they were on TV, it got to be quite an obsession.
So, when the DVD's started coming out, i started buying them as soon as they became available, so i'm sure like many other forum members i was devastated when the BBC stopped releasing them.
The last set i bought was series 23/24, can't really remember what year it was, well before Summer Wine ended in 2010 i recon.
So, the question is,why did they stop releasing them?, just before Alvin appeared in "The lair of the cat creature".
Never seen that episode since it was on TV originally, that would have been on the next set, had they not stopped releasing them.

Thanks Terry, the old grey cells are letting me down yet again, i use Amazon quite a bit but it never entered my head to check on there, i assumed they had just stopped releasing them.
Strange one though, i've actually been watching series 23/24 today which shows just Truly and Clegg on the cover.
On the episode listing on the back cover, it shows series 24 starting with "Pot's in pole position" but on the episode guide it shows series 24 starting with "The Lair Of The Cat Creature".
I've just ordered 25/26 with Entwistle, Truly and Clegg on the cover, on the episode guide it shows up as starting with "Jurassic No Parking".
I know over the years some of the DVD's have shown wrong episodes on the covers, so i'm assuming this is a similar situation.
I seem to remember copying the episode guide off the old forum, possibly George put it up?
Thanks again Terry, sorry for being a hassle.

Thanks Terry, the old grey cells are letting me down yet again, i use Amazon quite a bit but it never entered my head to check on there, i assumed they had just stopped releasing them.
Strange one though, i've actually been watching series 23/24 today which shows just Truly and Clegg on the cover.
On the episode listing on the back cover, it shows series 24 starting with "Pot's in pole position" but on the episode guide it shows series 24 starting with "The Lair Of The Cat Creature".
I've just ordered 25/26 with Entwistle, Truly and Clegg on the cover, on the episode guide it shows up as starting with "Jurassic No Parking".
I know over the years some of the DVD's have shown wrong episodes on the covers, so i'm assuming this is a similar situation.
I seem to remember copying the episode guide off the old forum, possibly George put it up?
Thanks again Terry, sorry for being a hassle.

The Guide that George worked so hard on is still here https://www.summerwine.net/community/threads/episode-guide.9248/

Well, thanks to Terry for guiding me to Amazon, which as i mentioned, i use quite often but it never dawned on me to check if any new Summer Wine DVD's were available, i used to buy them from Play.com.
Anyway, i got series 25-26 last week, so only three more sets to buy, then i'll have the lot. :37:

Also have a look on ebay too while you are at it. I've found some good deals there as well. I use worldwide search for the content that is more popular in the UK than back here in the States.

Cheers Rick, i do use ebay quite a bit, depends what i'm looking for, don't use it much for selling stuff though, i can be a bit of a hoarder! ;)

Back