Why is PC determined to destroy the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceC

Dedicated Member
With all this BLM - seemingly more than ALM (All) - they are now removing shows that may offend someone - *who* I dont really know - when you look at it every single show in history will offend *someone* some how...

Banning Fawlty Towers, etc - what sort of sterile world do these people want us to live in? I just dont get it.

Disney will be in trouble if they start looking seriously into their movies/shows
All westerns, love movies, suspense movies, comedies, entertainment shows etc - they could possibly offend 1 person in 129048230948230948 - so will be removed..

Just doesnt make sense.

Stop the world, I want to get off.

With all this BLM - seemingly more than ALM (All) - they are now removing shows that may offend someone - *who* I dont really know - when you look at it every single show in history will offend *someone* some how...

Banning Fawlty Towers, etc - what sort of sterile world do these people want us to live in? I just dont get it.

Disney will be in trouble if they start looking seriously into their movies/shows
All westerns, love movies, suspense movies, comedies, entertainment shows etc - they could possibly offend 1 person in 129048230948230948 - so will be removed..

Just doesnt make sense.

Stop the world, I want to get off.
You are right Bruce. ALL electric means of entertainment are made with an ON/OFF button. The latest programme for the chopping block I heard of was PAW PATROL and that is a kids cartoon. o_O

After hundreds of years standing without issue, statues have become so offensive in the past few weeks they are needing mobs to pull them down. And TV & Films which have entertained millions over decades have suddenly become so toxic in the past fortnight that they must be edited or at worst taken down completely. Don't we have enough on our plate with the current pandemic without having to airbrush and delete our culture and antagonise the silent majority of law abiding, moderate thinking people in the process. :mad:

After hundreds of years standing without issue, statues have become so offensive in the past few weeks they are needing mobs to pull them down. And TV & Films which have entertained millions over decades have suddenly become so toxic in the past fortnight that they must be edited or at worst taken down completely. Don't we have enough on our plate with the current pandemic without having to airbrush and delete our culture and antagonise the silent majority of law abiding, moderate thinking people in the process. :mad:
Well, I suppose they will have to stop showing the news now. PROTESTERS, GET REAL.

"PC" is shorthand for behaving and speaking respectfully and courteously. As with nearly anything else, rather than taking them off the air, I would prefer TV programs that could in any way offend anyone to be preceded by a statement to that effect, and older shows to also state something like "This dialog/action/characters' appearance accurately depicts the prevailing mores of this time and place."

Many of the evening tv shows we see are preceded by some sort of
mild warming about language/scenes/plots/etc that might disturb.
But most of what we watch we downloaded. We watch little but
the news actually on the tv.

Why is that some repeats of older game shows, especially on minority channels like Challenge, have the "meeting the contestants" part edited out. The host has hardly said hello, when we are straight into the game. In fact, most of the "chatting to the contestants" parts have been edited out. Family Fortunes is the worst one I've noticed, among others.

Why is that some repeats of older game shows, especially on minority channels like Challenge, have the "meeting the contestants" part edited out. The host has hardly said hello, when we are straight into the game. In fact, most of the "chatting to the contestants" parts have been edited out. Family Fortunes is the worst one I've noticed, among others.
I was watching The Weakest Link on that channel and thought the very same thing, ruins the format of what you're watching. I think we know the answer though, they feel that 4, 5 minute ad breaks in an hour is more important than showing the full broadcast.

I was watching The Weakest Link on that channel and thought the very same thing, ruins the format of what you're watching. I think we know the answer though, they feel that 4, 5 minute ad breaks in an hour is more important than showing the full broadcast.

Exactly. I mean, there were a lot less adverts in the days when these shows were new. These days they have more adverts, which means less time for the actual programme itself. Weakest Link was originally a BBC programme, so wouldn't have had any advert breaks when new. They would have to edit that to fit the advert breaks in and still keep to the same duration. (½ hour?)

I think, if I were in charge of actually producing the programmes, I would get it into the contract that they are not to be edited at all if they are repeated at a later date or shown on other channels. Although due to whatever PC issues arise at the time, they probably couldn't be broadcast without the editing.

Last edited:
Sadly transferring to a Commercially run channel from the BBC that requires advertising to offset against the cost of broadcasting it so no choice but to edit it to include advertising breaks .

Sadly transferring to a Commercially run channel from the BBC that requires advertising to offset against the cost of broadcasting it so no choice but to edit it to include advertising breaks .

Maybe they should do what they do with comedy shows (Porridge, Open all Hours, Summer Wine etc.) in the same situation. Don't edit the programme, but extend the duration so as to include the adverts.

Exactly. I mean, there were a lot less adverts in the days when these shows were new. These days they have more adverts, which means less time for the actual programme itself. Weakest Link was originally a BBC programme, so wouldn't have had any advert breaks when new. They would have to edit that to fit the advert breaks in and still keep to the same duration. (½ hour?)

I think, if I were in charge of actually producing the programmes, I would get it into the contract that they are not to be edited at all if they are repeated at a later date or shown on other channels. Although due to whatever PC issues arise at the time, they probably couldn't be broadcast without the editing.
And the fact that the same Broadcaster who originally transmitted the show without adverts, is now pumping them out with adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back