Who's this Gothic and what did I do to him?

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
Noted thread titled 'Software Update' by some character Gothic. Maybe I have been dozing but who is this Gothic character? Tried to reply to his thread and got this off-putting message:

"Big Unc, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

As I said, what did I do to deserve this? I am, after all, a very tender soul.

Gothic is the license holder for the vBulletin software, ME!
When I am working in the administration panel of vBulletin I have to use my original nick "Gothic", otherwise it won't recognise me. I then forget to log out and then re-log in as Cornishman.... my bad. I did explain this when we first changed over to vBulletin.

Terry and I created the new forum "Announcements" as a source of information... that should be a clue. It's for information, not chatter.

I am really sorry if this post seems a little waspish but I've had about four hours of trying to beat vBulletin into submission, got a bl**dy headache the size of everest and have a strong craving for a couple of gallons of 100 mile coffee :mad:

I am really sorry if this post seems a little waspish but I've had about four hours of trying to beat vBulletin into submission, got a bl**dy headache the size of everest and have a strong craving for a couple of gallons of 100 mile coffee :mad:

T'were only after I posted that I noted the thread to which I was trying to respond was the 'Announcements' forum.

I did of course realise that 'gothic' was a nomme de plume but could not resist a wee bit mischief.

Remember the Pirates of Penzance - 'Peers will be peers and youth will have its fling'

Back