who was happy...and who is happy....

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
This is a strange one......one that I have pondered many times......
We know that Roy Clarke portrayed many of the women in our favourite show a "certain way".......but just how many of the men and women were happy in their relationships ????
Sid and Ivy......childless,and always bickering..but....there was still a little spark between them...they loved each other..
Compo and his wife....well...she ran off with a chuffin' Pole.....so he had to divert all his passion to Nora...although we all know they had a "meeting" on V.E. night.
Nora and Wally ...now then...was she married twice...because her husband was called Harold in the early days ?????...as Wally said in The White Man's Grave..."I depend on her....total submission"
Edie and Wesley.....dominant female....but every decision made for him.....and we all know it suited him that way...then he could concentrate on his cars !!.
Pearl and Howard.....Despite all the abuse and accusations we know there is genuine love....we all saw that in the final episode...Howard's speech to Pearl brought a tear to my eye !!
Glenda and Barry........she idolises him.....he loves her......2 different levels of admiration !!!....but a real stable happy healthy relationship.....[although Glenda did tell her Dad he needs a retune !!!]
I just feel for the lovely Marina.....she had so much to give...caring,sharing,warm hearted,always smiling,and always thwarted...until the end when we hope she found real love...with a man who will appreciate her...I know...I am a hopeless romantic.......
Any thoughts my fellow Summerwiners ?????
Keith.
X!

I reckon Wesley is definitely happy because he gets to do what he wants in his man cave and elsewhere with only occasional earoling and having to put on a suit.

You can extend it further, Onslow & Daisy - she absolutely adores him but he doesn't seem interested anymore. Violet & Bruce, always bickering and he's clearly a cross dresser. Clearly conventional relationships aren't Roys thing!!!

Back