Who made a bit of a splash in Wales then?

Mrs blamire (i wish)

Does anyone know why foggy only seemed to have a girlfriend for one episode? This is possibly (one of) my all time favourite episodes, and rewatching it, they genuinely seem really sweet together ? And I’ve always thought it a bit of a shame that she maybe could have been a recurring character? Unless the actress was unavailable/didn’t want to do any more for whatever reason?

I really liked her character as well. Would have liked to of seen more of her in other episodes. For a little while, maybe a season or two - in hindsight of looking back how long the show has run.

She and Foggy could have been a couple in a zone somewhere between Sid / Ivy and Barry / Glenda. Where Foggy could still go out and play with the guys on their adventures. Plus, have some fun episodes of her taking Foggy off somewhere like the lady (forget who) that dragged Cleggy off to shopping, etc. Or for example she could take him off dancing like Ivy did with Sid. They could also of had episodes where the guys "rescue" Foggy from her chores like the trio has done for Howard. Been fun to see Foggy's "Sniper Nerves of Steel" get his feathers ruffled some.

Just thought of this. On another note would it have been frowned on at the time for Foggy staying at her house as a couple? Even with her mother in law there. Think I remembered that some viewers did not care for Tom and Mrs. Avery together as an unmarried couple. In Open All Hours eyeballs peeking out of curtains is mentioned often whenever Arkwright goes to visit nurse Gladys.

Did not know she was in Game of Thrones, what character did she play?

Holy cow! Gwen was Old Nan of Game of Thrones??? With her " Oh, my sweet summer child!" line. I never picked up on that, thank you Terry. Wow.

Apologies for several posts in a row. Happens when ya think of something to add on to your previous post.

Plot wise, she could have moved to Holmfirth to be with Foggy after her mother-in-law had passed. I liked the mother in law too, she was a hoot. Enjoyed her and Compo chatting about Foggy.

Although it was in Series 4, the show was developing still I suppose.

The writer was still exploring the characters.

It's possible this idea was intended for Blamire - as it was set in Wales, and Blamire had spoken about a girl from Oswestry with the glasses.

But since Foggy also had Oswestry connections, it may have been written specially for Foggy.

The rule with the LOTSW trio is that they all have to be without women - they are either single, divorced or widowers - so no room for a permanent female companion.

Her mother needed her in the house to help out. Any time she detected that her daughter was threatening to develop a life of her own, she would thump her cane. Having the reminder that mother was listening was the perfect romance killer.

So after the two went into the drink, there was the final scene. They were evidently inside a building, maybe a fish and chips place? Maybe in Holmfirth, maybe some place else? I have never really been able to figure the final scene out.

Beatrix Potter was in the same situation. We can perhaps thank Beatrix Potter's parents for the Peter Rabbit books. Beatrix was expected to spend her life, first and foremost, helping her parents. So she had to develop an income of her own in order to escape from her parents, hence the books, and she was eventually able to buy her own place, a farm. And the farm was perfect as her parents would never dare to visit such an icky place.

Back