Who is it ?

At first glance since the head is covered I thought they might be pulling it down. With people behind it and pushing it looks to make more sense that like they are setting the statue up. The statue does not appear to have wellies on so I have a guess as to who it is not...

The building behind is a railway station! Is it someone who died standing up waiting for the 8:15 from Paddington? Is this a coloured picture with the colours removed to make it look old? The guy with the rope holding the leg looks like he is dressed in recent attire. All the workers are wearing hard hats and the hooded guy does appear to have a trilby on underneath the hood.
I think it's Houdini showing off his latest escape trick. :)

I am well and truly intrigued by this photo. It is a fairly recent pic, the worker at the back has a NIKE symbol on his shirt. It can't be Harold Wilson Roger, the figure is too slim. For the same reason, it isn't Boris trying to dodge the Stay in supporters. Why is a railway station a clue? Is the statue being erected are removed? Judging by the ankle rope I would say that it is being guided into place. Why does the statue have its hand in its pocket? A politician would have his right hand free ready to shake hands with all he meets. Is that Blackpool railway station Manwi?:rolleyes:

Peri, I know you don't get out much but you should be able to recognise the station.

Well err, err, I err, No, I don't. The last time I went to a railway station there was a man walking in front of the train waving a red flag. :frown2:

YUP, you are right Roger, it is Harold Wilson. I don't remember him being that slim. I've never seen that railway station before. I do believe that Huddersfield has a rugby team.:37::37::37::37::01::01::01::01::18::18::18::18:

I didnt know who it was but the hand in the pocket should have jolted my brain he was photogrpahed and filmed many times with his hand in his pocket, possibly for his matches as pipes used more matches than they did tobacco.

I didnt know who it was but the hand in the pocket should have jolted my brain he was photogrpahed and filmed many times with his hand in his pocket, possibly for his matches as pipes used more matches than they did tobacco.

I was a pipe smoker many years ago, my tip is never try and turn your car over with the crank handle while holding your pipe between your teeth

Maltrab I was a dedicated cig smoker and dabbled with a pipe in my 20s and after the pipe went out which was quite often I would roll a cig! I was 38 and still a smoker before a serious heart attack saved me from the weed! I think without a heart attack I would still be smoking today, now I wonder why on earth did I or anyone else smoke? There wasnt much chance of me turning a starting handle and smoking too, by the time I got a car there were better ways of starting them!

Back