When did we First

Sorry me2 reread question. You asked when did we see it for COFFEE MORNING, so her second answer was correct. Though we did see that floral pattern in the experiment with the barmpots. I noticed after I posted but got caught in the update loop and couldn't correct.

Sorry me2 reread question. You asked when did we see it for COFFEE MORNING, so her second answer was correct. Though we did see that floral pattern in the experiment with the barmpots. I noticed after I posted but got caught in the update loop and couldn't correct.

Brenda, I'm so glad you brought up the earlier use of the flowered china. It got me curious as to why they used it one year then went several years before using it again, using instead several solid white with silver patterns. I decided to check it out to see if it was the same china pattern. Incidentally, it wasn't in "The Experiment" - it was "When You Take a Good Bite, Yorkshire Tastes Terrible."

I found out the china used in this first episode was the "Old Country Roses" by Royal Albert. That's the very pattern we all thought was Edie's china. Dick, I hope you're reading this. So we weren't any of us wrong in thinking that. Why they switched 4 years later to the "English Garden" pattern by Elizabethan Staffordshire is anyone's guess. It would be interesting to know why, but I don't imagine we ever will know. It was probably just pulled from props and nobody knew the difference. They are so similar, you have to study them to see the difference.

Anyway, Brenda, thanks for getting me curious so I could check it out.

Marilyn

Oh nuts. I gotta do some research but I noticed something different when the ladies had their coffee mornings. When is the first time we hear Edie tell Glenda to drink her tea instead of her coffee?

I didn't remember ever hearing Edie to tell Glenda to drink her tea, but with a little detective work, I think I found it. I knew Edie always served coffee so I went to the café and found an episode where Ivy was serving tea. The episode was "Cash Flow Problems." Hope that was the first one.

You got it me2. I seen it the other day, and thought I would remembered. Well.........I put dvd away, then had to go back to find. That is when I noticed the floral tea set. I didn't really pay much attention to it, just noticed it was floral. Not a pattern buff. My mom on the other hand, she is addicted to dishes.Would have spotted it right away. Your turn

Since we've been talking Coffee Mornings, lets stay there a little longer. When did we first hear Glenda mimic her mother and say, "Mother, drink your coffee."

Can we safely say that it is not in the Seymour years? In finding my answer:unhappy: I never heard Edie say that, in fact it was the later episodes when that was used almost every coffee morning skit. I was surprised, because I suspected it was used from the beginning.

Can we safely say that it is not in the Seymour years? In finding my answer:unhappy: I never heard Edie say that, in fact it was the later episodes when that was used almost every coffee morning skit. I was surprised, because I suspected it was used from the beginning.
You are correct; it is not in the Seymour years. In fact it is much, much later than that. I'll give more clues later if needed.

Let's narrow the time line down a little more. This episode was in the seasons after Bill Owen died. That cuts out almost 200 episodes so hope that helps. Remember too that Glenda says this to her mother, so it is in the episodes while Edie (Thora Hird) is still with the series. That narrows it down to about 35 or so episodes. Hopefully it won't seem so hard now.

When did we first meet Pearl? Making it easy, brain is tired, on the phone for 2 hours with Dell support. :/

When did we first meet Pearl and where was she when we first heard her speak lines? Hint: Her debut was on the same episode as another character.

When did we first meet Pearl and where was she when we first heard her speak lines? Hint: Her debut was on the same episode as another character.

I was waiting to give someone else a chance to answer, but looks like no one else is playing right now.
Pearl was introduced in "Catching Digby's Donkey" (as were Howard and Marina in separate scenes). She comes into the café looking for Ivy, but encounters Milburn listening to music with his earphones.

When did we first see Compo walk on a wall? He became very famous for this, but when was the first time?

When do we first see and hear ALL the ladies tell Glenda to drink her coffee ? Admittedly, it was the only time.

Back