What's your favourite episode?

I suppose when you analyze all the members opinions regarding episodes, it really goes to show that the series had something for everyone

You can apply that analogy to any show ever made , the "Marmite" questions looms large with every show its just the numbers of supporters or disdainers that varies . Even when almost 100% of people decide a show is codswallop there is always someone who believes its the best thing since sliced bread :)

... the principal actors were always in alphabetical order
I understand that, but somehow it doesn't seem right some of the time. Brian Wilde was more central to the plot in Return of the Warrior, so it seemed more right that he should be credited before Michael Aldridge, who was only there to explain Seymour's leaving to us viewers. I do admit though, alphabetical credits are a more fair way of doing things as is putting them in order of appearance like, for example, the Brittas Empire..

Personally I find it difficult to choose a favourite, there are so many superb episodes, if I was forced to choose one it would be the special Crums
I agree, it's like choosing the best crisp out of a bag. One of mine is ironing day, where Smiler gets smashed and calls Nora Batty, Bora Natty. The thing is Wesley's shed, Who's minding the cafe then, on and on. I think of it more like this, is there a bad episode? Not to me...

I understand that, but somehow it doesn't seem right some of the time. Brian Wilde was more central to the plot in Return of the Warrior, so it seemed more right that he should be credited before Michael Aldridge, who was only there to explain Seymour's leaving to us viewers. I do admit though, alphabetical credits are a more fair way of doing things as is putting them in order of appearance like, for example, the Brittas Empire..
Well, we all know that Michael Aldridge, out of the goodness of his heart, made an appearance in "Return of the Warrior. He was actually needed at home to help with his wife's illness. And as for Brian Wilde, they did get him back and perhaps in the process, "sweetened the pot."

Uncle of the bride is one I can watch over and over again, like a comfort episode. Crums is high up on my list too, as is much of the Seymour era, the mysterious feet of Nora batty, of funerals and fish, and a bicycle made for three.

Lol I don't know what my favorite episode is, I like so many and my favorite episode changes depending on my mood, which also changes for no reason at all! Lol That's why I probably won't get any Summer Wine themed tattoos because I don't know what I would get to represent it! Lol I have a Fairly Oddparents themed one and I'm going to get a Bob's Burgers themed one, but I think that'll be it for fandom tattoos! Lol

"The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty"......Wally at his best.....the quotes were comedy Gold..
"I'm the wrong age for going sterile".....
"I've raised her from an egg......she's my pigeon"
"Ow big are yer feet".....
"What nighty ?"...
"........Pass".
Nora...in full battle axe mode..."It's like a piece of furniture coming alive !!!....I wouldn't mind if you weren't so badly put together !!!!"..
Compo ecstasy when foggy is describing Nora's night attire on that cold winter evening...
The pub scene.....where Cleggy asks "Hands up anyone who does not know what an Ilk is !!!".....only raise his hand himself when he views everyone's hand up......the conversation between the four in the pub is just perfect.....the timing of Wally's responses....
It is just a perfect episode.....the dialogue is wonderful and the episode flows so well.......I think series 7 and 8 were Roy Clarke at the very peak of his writing genius......but then again......there are so many other amazing episodes from our 31 series.......DAMN IT !!!!......I AM CONFUSED AGAIN !!!!....I CAN'T DECIDE AGAIN !!!...SEE WHAT OUR WONDERFUL SHOW DOES TO US !!!!.
All my love,
Keith.
X!

The three episodes when Compo passed were done so well. Here, there is maybe a mention they moved or something of the like. They did a nice tribute for Compo. There was sadness, reflection and that touch of summer wine humor. I think Bill Owen would have liked it
I never thought of those ones but they were very good tribute

The Loxley Lozenge is one of my favourites. Most of the time I dont find the slapstick funny, I find the banter to be the funny element, but when that sofa suddenly slid off the back of the van, that was truly funny.
Not only was it funny, but it was a surprise to everyone. And they left it in!

The three episodes when Compo passed were done so well. Here, there is maybe a mention they moved or something of the like. They did a nice tribute for Compo. There was sadness, reflection and that touch of summer wine humor. I think Bill Owen would have liked it

Roy Clarke did a brilliant job with those episodes, with the right balance of comedy and pathos. My favourite line is where Clegg says "Maybe that's what paradise is, somewhere that the sun doesn't come up till you're ready"

Back