Weclome Mat available.

RickAns

Dedicated Member
I was hit by a silly thought from the show Still Game earlier that had me wonder if they sell a 'Weclome Mat" online like what they had in the show. Felt that would be a hilarious inside joke to have by the door. Jumping online to one of my favorite sites (besides this one) - ebay I had a search. To my surprise I found several vendors selling the mats!

One vendor from the UK has both Weclome and Home Sweat Home but they are kinda pricey at near $30 US dollars for the mat and same again for shipping to the US. Another vendor from China has the Weclome mat for about $15 US dollars with free shipping. I am tempted to go the cheaper route just for giggles. Plus it will confound my friends that just don't get or understand British TV shows and humor. :21:

door mats - still game.jpg

*Photo is not mine, came from one of the online vendors. All credit where credit is due. Blah, blah, yada, yada.

I haven't heard of that show Rick. The American comedy show I liked best was 'Cheers'. That was so well done. :37:

Cheers is a cult classic show and one of my all time favorites. They just don't do comedies like that in the States here anymore, sadly.

I heard about Scottish TV show Still Game on this website. It is sort of similar to Summer Wine in that it is about two retired gents who hang out at their local pub and the circle of friends that they have. Super funny. The language is more colorful cursing wise. Once ya get used to them the characters are quite likable.

The two central characters are played by comedians Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill. They had a TV sketch show called Chewing the Fat. Still Game ran for 9 series and just recently wrapped up their final season. There are some fans of the show here hopefully they will chime in and give their recommendations.

Still Game is an absolutely great show been going for years and is cult viewing in Scotland when the final episode aired cities across Scotland were deserted . I agree with Terry it has some wicked humour, great running gags and pathos . If you have never seen it well worth the £17.99 for the first 6 series at just under £3 a series you wouldn't be robbed and its really a great bargain .

My WECLOME mat has arrived! Looks nice too. Going to wait until hurricane Dorian has passed before I put it out.

For those not in the know about the mat. Going from memory... one of the main characters is offered a deal on a door mat by a friend. He does not realize the typo or the fact that the cheap deal is because of the misprint. Most of his friends spot the misprint right away and proceed to give him a good ribbing over it. So he complains to the friend who got him the mat. In an attempt to make amends the friend offers another mat in exchange with yet another misprint that says Home Sweat Home. Watch the episode and it will make more sense. :)

Anyone familiar with Asheville / Boone, NC areas as potential places to live I could chat with sometime? I think Chuck said he has family near there. Will touch base with you later on that.

Back