Water, water.

Today the temperature is forecasted to go up into the 90s today. PLEASE, if you are able, put some water out for the birds, preferably off the ground. On their behalf, TWEET TWEET which is dickie bard jargon for THANK YOU. :42:
I like the way you are still using the " old money " system Peri !:03:...…………...dickie bard? I suppose bird song can be described as poetical ?;)

I like the way you are still using the " old money " system Peri !:03:...…………...dickie bard? I suppose bird song can be described as poetical ?;)
Things were much different when I was young Dick. We had yards feet and inches, cwts stones pounds and ounces, along with pints and gallons. Even the lingo is changing, now it is 'Good Morning my friend, how are you?' It used to be 'Hey up mi owd mucker, ar tha doin'? As Fred Trueman used to say, 'Arl si thi'. :confused:

My favourite Fred Trueman saying is …………..
He was bowling and kept rattling the batsman's pads .After the third Howzat he got fed up with the umpires "not out".
Next ball was a corker and he spread-eagled the wickets, Turning to the umpire he said "Nearly got the bugger that time ,didn't I ??":08:

Last edited:
Being a Geordie we only have one vowel anyway its E all the way for us! :) That's why we would never have a Geordie Countdown champion none of the words with multiple E's in them would be in the Decteenery ! :08:

Back