Walter's house (The New Mobile Trio)

Marianna

Dedicated Member
Does anyone know where that terrace is? On the Facebook Holmfirth History page, someone said that it's the Church Terrace underdwellings, the ones facing the door into the parish church tower. It's similar, but it doesn't seem quite right to me for either side of Church Terrace, either under or overdwellings.

Does anyone know where that terrace is? On the Facebook Holmfirth History page, someone said that it's the Church Terrace underdwellings, the ones facing the door into the parish church tower. It's similar, but it doesn't seem quite right to me for either side of Church Terrace, either under or overdwellings.

Good question,I shall have a closer look at it, in the early episodes they did tend to stick around the town for filming in a lot of the scenes

Thanks, Terry. Unfortunately, Google Streetview didn't photograph that road, probably because it ends at a flight of stairs. I'm about to add a walk along it to my top priority list for my week in Holmfirth in October, along with a series of screen grabs (after waiting ages for Photoshop to launch) from the part of the episode in which the trio approaches the house. I'll be looking for an area with a a low wall on the left a two-story terrace on the right adjacent to a much taller building, as I walk down slight slope. The house number at the time of filming was 33.

I've walked up Bunkers Hill once several years ago. My primary memory of it is that it was steep. Perhaps it flattens out considerably near the turn into the overdwellings on Church Terrace.

My primary memory of it is that it was steep

Holmfith in part pretty steep in parts so when they were shooting predominantly in Holmfirth early doors in the show you would feel for the stars when a vignette in the episode involved ascending or descending the steep slopes or steps. . I am sure you would try you damnedest to get it "in the can" first take . I am sure if one of them got it wrong several times and many retakes were needed tempers would fray between the cast .

And the camera often distorts the view when filming

I know some of the "luvvies" claim it distorts their physical form , the camera adds seven pounds and picks out every chin ! :)

NB

I would love it if there were a despair Emoji aka Francis Howard you know the sort of woh is me or Kenneth Williams infamy from Carry on Cleo so Emoji would have a pained expression with the back of its hand across its forehead would have used it on this post

Back