vehicles used in LOTSW

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
I don't recall if I brought up this topic a while ago, but anyway, I'm curious to know whatever happened to all the vehicles used in the series, like...

that power blue truck Auntie Wainright used to transport antiques
Entwistle's truck
Sid and Ivy's chip van from "Getting Sam Home"
Ludovic's van from "Cheering Up Ludovic"
the van driven by Compo's nephew in "The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper"
Milburn's car
Howard's bicycle
Wesley's land rover
the infamous Loxley Lozenge
the race car Compo drove in "Car And Garter"
Wally's motorcycle

Any I may have forgotten, if you know what happened to them, please share here. Thanks!

Howard and Marina's bicycles.
Various other bicycles including the bicycle built for three
Compo's wheelie
Glenda's motorcycle
Various other motorcycles
Reggie's tractor
The tractor driven by the Vicar's wife
The motorcycle with the sidecar in Last Pigeon and Post

A Company called TV Cars supplied some of the vehicles in the show over the years,he told me recently he still had one of the Triumph's that Edie drove,also that Wesley's Land Rover had to go the the scrapyard it was beyond economical repair,some of cycles used are now owned by a fan living in Ireland

what happens to stuff

Related but not really about LOTSW per say ,I was watching a programme on BBC4 last night Sounds of the Sixties and one of the clips shown was of Pinky and Perky[boy could you see the strings] . Like the LOTSW vehicles it got me thinking what happened to things like those puppets once the lights have gone out and the shows ended, do thy end up in a skip are they kept for posterity and if so where[ saw a poignant show with Nina Conti the ventriloquist a couple of years ago when she visited a vent dummy museum in the US where dummies were given a home when the ventriloquist passed away] .

Where are the original Bill and Ben , Andy Pandy etc who were part of my growing up? I am sure there is a show in there somewhere where someone attempts to track down to what happened what were iconic items of their time . I am sure you all have memories of TV shows which were formative in your lives , do you ever wonder what happened when the shows ended. I apply the same inquisitive principle to actors and actresses but information about them seems more readily accessible on the net .

I am not sure this early retirement lark is working do I have too much time on my hands.

While you are curious about your friends from the 60's, I am
more interested in mine from the 50's. What happened to Howdy
Doody?? And what about " tee hee tee hee my name is Pinky Lee."
Also was Felix the Cat, mickey mouse, and crusader rabbit.

Back