Usernames

I found it sweet when Clegg went and stroked one, but can´t think which episode that was. I think it started with the three of them throwing crums into a lake to feed swans, in the Seymour era. Maybe it even was Getting Barry higher in the World.

Well, I chose my user name because it´s my name, lol. I know it´s not very sensible to use your real name on the internet, but somehow I couldn´t think of anything.

A few years ago I was desperate to see LOTSW (and our local PBS station had gone down to one show a week or every other week and then they were re-runs) my husband told me to go on You tube and look for the series. He had a user Id name of Ickysna and since I couldn't think of one I just used Ickysna2. I have no earthly idea what it is but he said it was something the Three Stooges used to mumble. He is a great Three Stooges fan and he now loves LOTSW as much as I do.

A few years ago I was desperate to see LOTSW (and our local PBS station had gone down to one show a week or every other week and then they were re-runs) my husband told me to go on You tube and look for the series. He had a user Id name of Ickysna and since I couldn't think of one I just used Ickysna2. I have no earthly idea what it is but he said it was something the Three Stooges used to mumble. He is a great Three Stooges fan and he now loves LOTSW as much as I do.
Was the word "ixnay"? A corruption of nix meaning no?? If it was not then I've misunderstood them all these years ::)

Was the word "ixnay"? A corruption of nix meaning no?? If it was not then I've misunderstood them all these years ::)
You are probably right - he just didn't have the spelling correct. I've learned something new :)

So have I about user names ickysna2!! I have often found it difficult to choose one when prompted by a site that insists I have to sign up to post or purchase and I often choose almost anything in desparation!

Is not IXNAY the pig-latin for Nix??? (Move the first consonant to
the end, and append AY to the result)?? As in Last becomes
astlay, and summer becomes ummersay??

I had a couple of cousins that used to drive us crackers with that when they were about 15 or so. they could rattle it off 10 to the dozen! They were laughing until my aunt threatened them both with a slap if they didn't shut up!So you see I was no stranger to the term. ::)

I had a couple of cousins that used to drive us crackers with that when they were about 15 or so. they could rattle it off 10 to the dozen! They were laughing until my aunt threatened them both with a slap if they didn't shut up!So you see I was no stranger to the term. ::)

I am so glad you guys have explained it all - I never understood it or how it worked.
That is a funny story about your aunt. ;)

My username is the one I use for all forums I am a member of. It my full initials and random numbers.

One of my earliest memories of Summer wine in the Seymour years was when the show used to air on Saturday nights. I just remember Seymour not able to get into his home with his security system not recognizing "Codfanglers".

I thought of using Cousin Aubrey briefly to honor "Follow that Bottle". It has a nice ring to it. However, I will stick with Codfanglers. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable using one of the main characters for my name.

My username Compo is the username for every forum etc that I am on. Might I say I am proud of it.. Those I know who never ever saw the show (shame on them) all ask where I got the name from. I just say that my mother said he was my father.. Still confuses them. LOL

I agree with you Codfanglers i didn,t want to use any of the main characters
either.Thats why i went for Amos Hames(the bandit from stoke on trent)
Who was a bit of a lovable rouge and would have been good to see come back
for a few more episodes.played brilliantly by Timothy Bateson.

Reason for mine is obvious-I loved Smiler's nom de plume.On other forum I was loxleylozenge76 in ref to when I was born and one of my fave episodes

I agree with you Codfanglers i didn,t want to use any of the main characters
either.Thats why i went for Amos Hames(the bandit from stoke on trent)
Who was a bit of a lovable rouge and would have been good to see come back
for a few more episodes.played brilliantly by Timothy Bateson.

I can't say i remember Amos Hames or "Stoke on Trent". What series was that? I will keep an eye out for it.

Back