Unwanted Christmas gifts

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Did anyone get anything that is just not useful or needed. I was actually ok with mine but thousands of presents are given away every year. What is the worst present you have ever been given. Your comments please

My 12th Flashlight. For some reason, my wife likes to get me a flashlight for Christmas.....every Christmas. 3 years ago I got a new shed for storage of lawn equipment, etc. She must have bought 6 flashlights for me that year for the shed. I have a flashlight for every corner of the shed, every corner of the basement, bedroom, and automobile. And guess what, she got me a new brighter one this Christmas! I do enjoy my flashlights.

I once had "Permanent Socks " from my mother in law for Christmas! :eek2::eyesroll: (I think the brand name was H J INDESTRUCTIBLE)

Yes you have remembered the name. HJ brand INDESTRUCTIBLE made of heavy gauge nylon if I recall - we did not sell them - ours were Wolseley 7/6 for short ones, 8/6 for mid length and 10/6 for a knee length one known as Grip Top. Made of wool with a small admixture of nylon for wear on the heel and toe if I recall the advertisements correctly.

My 12th Flashlight. For some reason, my wife likes to get me a flashlight for Christmas.....every Christmas. 3 years ago I got a new shed for storage of lawn equipment, etc. She must have bought 6 flashlights for me that year for the shed. I have a flashlight for every corner of the shed, every corner of the basement, bedroom, and automobile. And guess what, she got me a new brighter one this Christmas! I do enjoy my flashlights.
Do you have children? Grandchildren? Kids that need to be entertained? Flashlights are great toys for kids. Oh yes, don't tell your wife but they now make a flashlight that can be frozen, fried, run over by a bulldozer and it will still work.

Back