thread/post probs ???

cciaffone

Dedicated Member
When I log in and go to Chat about anything Non Summer Wine,
I see that the lastest post is Golden Opportunity posted by Pearl.

But when I click Chat about anything Non Summer Wine,
I cannot find that post. The first thread that shows is 4 Birthdays.

1. WHY IZZAT????

2. You have managed to really complexify what was a
fairly simple, and easy to understand, interface.
OBTW - can't find Golden Opportunity while scrolling this
forum.

Not unhappy, just confused.

I've already posted this on the other thread. Can you please make it that the most recent posts are first up on the threads and that we don't have to scroll through 2 or 3 years before we get recent. On something like The A- Z game we could be posting the same as someone else. While on the subject, is it possible to add smileys on such posts please?? Not being the most tech minded I am perplexed?????

If you click on "Last Post" in the section you are in it will correctly order them, but it does not save that and seems to be defaulting to some other order instead. Its also randomly assigning avatars, which isn't exacly nice either.

yes, it doesn't show my Compo avatar, I keep showing up as Nora.
I understand the reasons for the changes, but I'm constantly confused and struggling with this new site, and not comfortable and content like before.

When I log in and go to Chat about anything Non Summer Wine,
I see that the lastest post is Golden Opportunity posted by Pearl.

But when I click Chat about anything Non Summer Wine,
I cannot find that post. The first thread that shows is 4 Birthdays.

1. WHY IZZAT????

2. You have managed to really complexify what was a
fairly simple, and easy to understand, interface.
OBTW - can't find Golden Opportunity while scrolling this
forum.

Not unhappy, just confused.

I've already posted this on the other thread. Can you please make it that the most recent posts are first up on the threads and that we don't have to scroll through 2 or 3 years before we get recent. On something like The A- Z game we could be posting the same as someone else. While on the subject, is it possible to add smileys on such posts please?? Not being the most tech minded I am perplexed?????

If you click on "Last Post" in the section you are in it will correctly order them, but it does not save that and seems to be defaulting to some other order instead. Its also randomly assigning avatars, which isn't exacly nice either.

yes, it doesn't show my Compo avatar, I keep showing up as Nora.
I understand the reasons for the changes, but I'm constantly confused and struggling with this new site, and not comfortable and content like before.
Sarkus, you have it right about the post sorting. In the bar across the top you can sort by Thread/Thread Starter OR Last Post OR Replies OR Views, see the attachment.

But, the avatars are NOT random, if you have an avatar, use it/upload your own or select one from the avatar gallery. Nora is there only for those with no avatar

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 3
problems ???

My previous gripe about post and post order seem to gone since I changed theme. I was on default but I can get to the last post etc buttons easier (it seems) on Hubed .Will have a play around with the others to see which suits me better.

There must be some way that Last Post can be made the default option for the forum at an admin level rather than users having to click on a Last Post link? Don't think I've ever seen a forum where the order was not latest post date order descending by default. I'm sure the current order of posts is confusing for many, although clicking a link is simple enough, shouldn't really have to do it.

Sarkus, you have it right about the post sorting. In the bar across the top you can sort by Thread/Thread Starter OR Last Post OR Replies OR Views, see the attachment.

Which is fine as an immediate fix but why should we have to hit that every time? Why isn't it something I can set as my default? I don't think I've ever seen a board where everytime I come I have to choose to see threads by most recent first instead of some other order.

Which is fine as an immediate fix but why should we have to hit that every time? Why isn't it something I can set as my default? I don't think I've ever seen a board where everytime I come I have to choose to see threads by most recent first instead of some other order.
That is partly my bad, and I'll rectify this morning.

Back