The Sails of the Windmill Fall Silent

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
It has been announced that Brian Cant star of Play School and Play Away has sadly passed away aged 83. He was the voice behind the wonderful Gordon Murray's Camberwick Green, Trumpton and Chigley .

Play School and Play Away were innovative shows for children and changed the face of kids TV forever . It was not only pure fun for kids but also ,I suspect, for Brian and his co presenters as well . What a great job they had and what a great job they did for millions of children.

He of course uttered the now famous Pugh, Pugh ,Barney McGrew , Cuthbert Dibble ,Grubb line when the Firemen appeared in Trumpton and voiced the commentary for Windy Miller from Camberwick Green hence the thread title . A true innovator he will be sadly missed.

Play School and Play Away were innovative shows for children and changed the face of kids TV forever . It was not only pure fun for kids but also ,I suspect, for Brian and his co presenters as well . What a great job they had and what a great job they did for millions of children.
When you look at the direction of kids or any TV (is there such a thing as kids TV anymore?) and how kids grow up these days, I think humans are going backwards at a million miles an hour...

Our local shopping center is full of *new Australians* and all the babies in prams all have Ipads or like the kid at the restaurant other night, mummys phone with the movie CARS playing on it...

Another sad loss, it seems like children have to be constantly entertained these day,with little or no idea how to entertain themselves, if it is not something in front of them with a flashing screen, then all you hear is "I'm Bored"

Back