The mystery of the missing pets.......

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
Now we all know that Britain is a nation of pet lovers....but a certain village in West Yorkshire seems to have bucked the trend.....
Now we all know Wally was a real animal lover....a lifetime's love for his pigeons [which we cannot say applies to the limeftime's love of his wife!!].....and all the time and effort he put in to convince Nora that his "wild whippet" had a place in their home.....and the way be took loving care of Compo's ferrets when Compo went to Withernsea to the "luxury beachside cottage" Foggy booked for Christmas...and talking of ferrets we all know that ferret fancier par excellence Compo loved is furry friends......but what about the rest of our heroes and heroines ???.......we saw Howard stroking a cat asking Pearl if she would fancy something small around the house....and we seen his adopted spaniel Mitzi attacking EVERYONE...especially Barry in his mummy costume......but why no furry or feathered friend for Truly,Clegg,Auntie,Edie,Glenda and Barry,Smiler,Tom,Billy,Seymour [you can't include the ducks and Geese on his pond !!],Sid and Ivy.....OR ...did Roy simply decide that pets were unnecessary and would get in the way of his perfect scripts ??.....my Summerwine family members...with you mega summerwine brains.......PLEASE HELP ME !!!!.
Keith.
X!

OH MY LORD !!!!....APOLOGIES TO ONE AND ALL !!!!....I forgot Tom...and how much he missed his lovely mouse "Pablo".....he even wore a black armband on the anniversary of the little furry fella's passing....and I have just remembered that one of the most endearing relationships Cleggy ever had was with his goldfish.....and Howard had his tropical fish......[not through choice though !!]....because Glenda thought that Barry would like them....so Barry got them !!!![also not through choice though !!]........so Pearl KNEW that Howard would like them...so Howard got them !!...IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN ?????.....[and I know you ALL DO !!!]
X!

Pretty sure Truly once owned a swarm of wasps , the stripes reminded him of happier times when he was feeling the collars of masked stripey jumpered "Chummies" . He loved them dearly but Cleggy was so disturbed by their presence that on a very nervous daily exercise walk with them at New Mill he had whispered to the Queen that if they flew down to Marsden Village Hall there was a homemade Jam Fayre on that day . Well that was it the thought of a sticky strawberry compote was just too big a temptation and off they flew never to be seen again .

Last edited:
Howard's biggest mistake was he should have bought some pet snails . Instead of changing his library book he could have told Pearl he was taking them out for a walk in the Fresh Countryside air , met Marina and spent a whole fortnight with her . Let's face it if Pearl reported him as a missing person are Cooper and Walsh bright enough to find him ? After two weeks of bliss he could return to just outside his front door , put the snails down and shout really loudly " Come on boys, almost home" . He'd take an absolute pasting but two weeks with Marina would have made it all worthwhile.

Back