The Most Dangerous #21

Our very own "direct descendent". ......[" on me' mothers side...she were a Bristow"] decides, as he jams himself into an old tractor tyre that "it's great this...it's like being on the fair" ???...well I have never seen a ride like that on Blackpool Pleasure Beach !!!.
It's all smiles until Truly launches the tyre [and Billy] down the hill towards the river !!!!....he tells Truly he will just jump out if it gets too much.....WRONG !.....SPLASH !!!......our green clad hero ends up drenched......and with legs like his,he would have looked like a giant frog having a swim !!!

Firing an arrow directly upwards . A couple of times they came straight back !:13:

On a visit to London as a kid my generous Uncle Ed bought me a real bow from Selfridges and I remember taking it to our football field with friends and doing exactly what Billy did . There was a pregnant pause for a few seconds and then realising the metal tipped arrow would be zipping back to earth we scattered in all directions in a bomb burst style . Once bitten twice shy never tried it again and I took the retrieved arrow and took the bow straight home.

Some years later my old Man was on a welding training course with some younger men . One of them had a crossbow and brought it in and they loaded it with a welding rod and fired it at what was a partition wall and it went through it like a hot knife through butter queue pregnant pause and they set off to find it two rooms away stuck in the far wall so in essence it had gone through two rooms which could have had people in it luckily for them no one was in there.

Later that week one idiot brought in a bullet he had thought it would be good to clamp it in a vice and hit it with a hammer and centre punch which worked a treat the bullet hit the floor and ricocheted straight back up into the ceiling but via grazing his forehead. The impact not only broke the skin but also caused his forehead to swell so it looked like he had a mini bottom on his head . They had obviously to get a medic and he was carted off to hospital . My dad was just astounded how stupid these young lads were.

Last edited:
Back