The mobile Elvis

Lance and Ethel's finest?

• The Love Mobile

• All that glitters is not Elvis

Results are only viewable after voting.

Inky Batty

Dedicated Member
As we had a more in depth and thought provoking poll at the weekend, here's a simple and straightforward one to take us through to next week.
Lance and Ethel, beautifully played by Kenneth Cope and the wonderful Maggie Ollerenshaw, appeared in two episodes, which was your favourite?
I like both episodes, neither is amongst my favourites of all time, but there is a clear winner in my mind.
Have a ponder, place your vote and have a gab about the merits of both if you so wish.

I liked their debut and I can't imagine what Ethel's date with Smiler was like, clearly so so bad as she came back to Lance . I think it was a great episode and clearly the consummate acting skills of Maggie Ollerenshaw and Kenneth Cope [he's 90 now :oops:] make it so enjoyable.

All that glitters for me Inky...
I think Kenneth Cope [a fellow Scouser] is a little more manic and loony than when he appeared in The Love Machine.
The dialogue between him and his wonderfully loony wife is more caustic and the scene when she locks herself in the car and he is telling Entwistle and Alvin how wonderful and angry she is proves there is real love between the two of them...it is a lovely scene....PLUS.......WE SEE HOWARD DRESSED LIKE ELVIS'S DAD !!!......it is just so surreal seeing him with his Bart Simpson pot belly in his rhinestone jumpsuit.....COMEDY GOLD !!!!

try "love Mobile"........Love machine ?????...I was thinking of an old Wham record !!.....don't worry Inky...I am suitably BLUSHING as I type !!.
X!

Back