The 30 seconds that many of us might miss ??????

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
I have posted many times that Summerwine is my "visual prozac"...so after a stressful day on the docks I ALWAYS put a DVD on when I am in bed......it puts me in the the right state of mind and I restfully fall asleep...in a kind of "West Yorkshire ZENLIKE STATE" [similar to Seymour...freezing on the bridge in his shirt sleeves]........BUT HERE IS THE THING.......when I watch the DVD I always used to fast forward to the next episode when the music starts.....but then in came to me in a flash.....WHAT ABOUT THE 30 SECOND "SECOND ENDING ????"......it is the lovely last scene which always puts the "cherry on the Summerwine Bakewell" so to speak......the little snippet that "completes" the show.
I was wondering just how many of my "Summerwine family members" maybe did not know these "special extended endings" even existed....or simple do as I did.....fast forward to the next episode when that beautiful tune starts ???????.
X!

In Alan Bells book, he expressed his dismay of the continuity announcers of the BBC talking over the end of his episodes as often there is a subtle twist in the credits. I just find the music sooo relaxing.....

The only other series which does the same is Dear Ladies, which is an uber gentle comedy with relaxing theme music!

I have posted many times that Summerwine is my "visual prozac"...so after a stressful day on the docks I ALWAYS put a DVD on when I am in bed......it puts me in the the right state of mind and I restfully fall asleep...in a kind of "West Yorkshire ZENLIKE STATE" [similar to Seymour...freezing on the bridge in his shirt sleeves]........BUT HERE IS THE THING.......when I watch the DVD I always used to fast forward to the next episode when the music starts.....but then in came to me in a flash.....WHAT ABOUT THE 30 SECOND "SECOND ENDING ????"......it is the lovely last scene which always puts the "cherry on the Summerwine Bakewell" so to speak......the little snippet that "completes" the show.
I was wondering just how many of my "Summerwine family members" maybe did not know these "special extended endings" even existed....or simple do as I did.....fast forward to the next episode when that beautiful tune starts ???????.
X!

Lol I love your description of Summer Wine as "visual Prozac", Keith. So accurate! I am having some of that visual Prozac right now. :37:

Happens with lots of programmes especially on Gold where I suspect a lot of us watch our comedy it is so annoying . My analogy is with people who leave football matches five minutes early never understood it whatever the score you support your team to the end .
Speaking of football, well this is NFL football, there was a very historic moment back in the day when a very important game ran over and the network cut the game. Avid fans hoping to see the end of the game found themselves watching "Heidi." Well these are beer drinking, coffee table breaking fans and they never let the network forget it.

Happens with lots of programmes especially on Gold where I suspect a lot of us watch our comedy it is so annoying . My analogy is with people who leave football matches five minutes early never understood it whatever the score you support your team to the end .

What also annoys me is when they also squash the credits to one side so we can't read them and fill the screen with trailers. Happens alot on Drama & Yesterday. Fortunately, we watch LOTSW mainly on DVD, so we don't have these problems.

Back