Thanks/Like

LOTSW Fan

Dedicated Member
The first time I received an email with a "like" post, I wasn't happy. The forum's version of Facebook, which I do not like. A couple of them I changed my mind. Well, I still don't like Facebook, but at least I know someone is reading my posts. It can get discouraging to post and not have anyone respond. For some of us forums and yahoo groups can be our only communication with the outside world.

Nancy

I tend to not look at Likes and friend requests. Just getting way
too old for such stuff. Just want to exchange info with folks
of a similar mind, in this case LOTSW. In any case I read your post
and am responding, so you are heard. Cheers

Hi Nancy, another oldster here . I have friends and family suggesting I open a Facebook account but so far I have resisted them. I am comfortable just answering the odd post on here thank you.
I like the "likes " button as I can agree with things without doing a full reply. I only type "two finger peck "anyway and have found at times that by the time I have answered one post on here the others are two or three in front :13:

Hi Dick!

Can I relate to answering one post and having two or three in front! It can be frustrating, but no one forced us to join this wonderful forum! Let's enjoy no matter how, or if, we respond!

Nancy

Chuck,

Your post should have been answered before Dick's. Anyway, I will definitely contact you when I need to know I'm still around. Did Clegg say he renewed his driver's license just to know he was still alive?

I don't mind people, it is vehicles with people in them that are getting on my nerves.

Nancy

I don't mind people, it is vehicles with people in them that are getting on my nerves.
Nancy

Yes, here in Durham NC people (using the term loosely here) are getting
mighty dangerous, nasty, shortsighted, and self-important to say the least.

Put them behind the wheel of an automobile, and watch out! They
follow too close, pass when it ain't safe, cut in too close in front,
pull out in front of you, and all kinds of nasty behaviors. Add a
cell phone, and they become downright suicidal (best) or
murderous (worst).

Driving during normal (??) working hours does help a bit, but I begin
to wonder whether anyone is actually working these days.

Grump ... grump ...grump!!

Hi Dick!

Can I relate to answering one post and having two or three in front! It can be frustrating, but no one forced us to join this wonderful forum! Let's enjoy no matter how, or if, we respond!

Nancy

I've been on this forum a few years now Nancy and have over 6000 posts. I like it here and do my best to keep up with everyone. I tend to play the fool at times( ask Pearl) but I can be serious when need be. :me: :wink: :wink: By the way, we have the same trouble with vehicles and their drivers where I live. I have to cross the road on a three way corner and sometimes have to guess where the cars are going. Walking with a stick I am not so fast as I used to be.!!

Last edited:
There were six traffic deaths this weekend and three people were killed in a head-on this morning. One was a person who was run over (that happens a lot here) and one was hit while on her bike. The rest were car crashed.

I would love to live where I just have to worry about Edie behind the wheel.

Nancy

There were six traffic deaths this weekend and three people were killed in a head-on this morning. One was a person who was run over (that happens a lot here) and one was hit while on her bike. The rest were car crashed.

Nancy

Wow, thats a lot of traffic accidents, those roads must be awful.

Nancy

I'm glad I live in a relatively thinly populated area. The most recent road accident that made it into the newspaper was in late July. It was a jackknifed tractor-trailer on the local stretch of an interstate highway. I'm sure that there have been fender-benders, but nothing else major enough to make it into the newspaper.

That might change as of tomorrow morning's paper, though. We had freezing rain here through the entire morning commute hours. It's surprising that we don't have more bad-weather crashes than we do. The major local employer hires from all over the world, so each winter we have a lot of people encountering ice and snow for the first time, and driving to/from work in it. The State troopers used to do a short training course for cold-climate newbies as soon as there was enough snow to get some realistic practice. It was publicized via the company's daily newsletter, so since I'm retired I don't know whether or not they're still doing it.

Marianna

Marianna (lovely name),

I would love to live in a thinly populated area. The next small town over, where I church and doctor, is a small town, but basic shopping leaves much to be desired. It would require a trip here for anything other than groceries and the 99 cent store.

Nancy

Back