Surprised to Find

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
We sent the Easter weekend in Sunderland so we took my Aunt to a few places including The Old Washington Hall and was surprised to find a half tea set for sale there.

Attachments

• 20190421_134443.jpg
    20190421_134443.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 13
We sent the Easter weekend in Sunderland so we took my Aunt to a few places including The Old Washington Hall and was surprised to find a half tea set for sale there.

Next year I will take the other half of the tea set to Old Washington Hall and you can buy the rest

Sounds like you had a nice Easter weekend, Pearl. The weather here was very nice, hope it was where you were too. The tea set is very pretty. I'd be afraid of breaking something like that in using or trying to clean it.

Sorry if asking the obvious, but is a half set a tea for two instead of four cups? Curious as to what the tower like piece on the tray to the right of the picture? I'm about a prong-less fork when it comes to tea etiquette. I just know ya drink it and I like it. Might not last very long at one of Edie's gatherings, hehe.

I have been chasing down some unusual teapots by a designer called Lorna Bailey they are quirky in the style of Clarice Cliff but are a less costly investment to hopefully cash in on at some point. Here are a couple of examples
teapot1.jpg

teapot2.jpg

teapot3.jpg

Captain, you could do like Auntie Wainwright when she breaks a tea pot. Glue the spout or handle on a different side and call it avante garde art. Forget what episode that was in which she put the art sign next to the damaged pot. Yours can be via Captain Clutterbuck's Treasure Cove that should really increase the value!

The pics you posted do look kinda neat.

Rick the weather was lovely, quite hot really, I can't remember what that tower thingy wax.

Captain!!! Oh my good night! I love teapots, I was quite a few myself but I love those, I love Clarise Cliff, the colours, the shapes are amazing.

Pearl,

If you put Lorna Bailey in google and select images you will see the full range of her teapots. They are often on sale on Ebay some are a little more expensive because of their rarity value but some are reasonably priced compared to what you'd pay for Clarice Cliff .

Back