Studio Sets

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Watching The Changing Face of Rural Blamire I noticed these two scenes and the staircase and wall lights look identical,you need to watch the actual scenes to see even more evidence that in the hotel hallway scene they have just moved the right wall inwards to hide the bar.

cfrb2.jpg

cfrb1.jpg

I hadn't previously noticed that the wall had been moved inward, but that makes architectural sense for a representation of an upper floor. I was just pleased to be able to put a name to the bar in the prior episodes when Blamire read out the address for the second 'job opportunity' and then we saw the hallway outside the specified room and I noticed that the wallpaper, paint and baluster design matched the ones in the bar.

I had assumed that the wall on the right side of the bar scenes was the exterior wall, but if that were the case, the room on the right side of the 'upstairs' scene would have been as narrow as many of the single rooms I've had in central London. Such a cramped room is unusual outside the larger cities and towns.

Does anyone know if the name 'The Red Lion' was inspired by the Red Lion Inn in Jackson Bridge? If it was, did the interior of the actual building ever resemble the stage sets?

Marianna

Last edited:
I hadn't previously noticed that the wall had been moved inward, but that makes architectural sense for a representation of an upper floor. I was just pleased to be able to put a name to the bar in the prior episodes when Blamire read out the address for the second 'job opportunity' and then we saw the hallway outside the specified room and I noticed that the wallpaper, paint and baluster design matched the ones in the bar.

I had assumed that the wall on the right side of the bar scenes was the exterior wall, but if that were the case, the room on the right side of the 'upstairs' scene would have been as narrow as many of the single rooms I've had in central London. Such a cramped room is unusual outside the larger cities and towns.

Does anyone know if the name 'The Red Lion' was inspired by the Red Lion Inn in Jackson Bridge? If it was, did the interior of the actual building ever resemble the stage sets?

Marianna

The Red Lion was a common name for pubs,most towns and villages had a Red Lion pub,so I doubt it was modeled on any particular pub

I love seeing things like that. Good job Terry.

You know I enjoy how real these characters become to us, yet we enjoy the realization that this is just a show. Why is that? Remember I am a barmpot. ::)

I love seeing things like that. Good job Terry.

You know I enjoy how real these characters become to us, yet we enjoy the realization that this is just a show. Why is that? Remember I am a barmpot. ::)

Just stick with the medication Beth and you will be fine :pc:

Back