Steps

Great pictures! Thanks to you both.

@Liana Lloyd what do you mean by 'elevated cobbles' ? I've not yet been there and trying to piece together how the lay of the land is.

These really help me get an idea of where I was thinking Clegg maybe was when he tapped on Sid & Ivy's window in Getting Sam Home. Unfortunately, I keep getting getting this walkway and steps mixed up with the one right beside the cafe in the attached picture. I had it wrong since there are no windows on that cafe side wall.

Attachments

• cafe2.jpg
    cafe2.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 5
Famous steps where Compo, Cleggy, and Foggy, would usually run up when running away from Ivy and Nora on occasions? View attachment 5535

@Liana Lloyd what do you mean by 'elevated cobbles' ? I've not yet been there and trying to piece together how the lay of the land is.

These really help me get an idea of where I was thinking Clegg maybe was when he tapped on Sid & Ivy's window in Getting Sam Home. Unfortunately, I keep getting getting this walkway and steps mixed up with the one right beside the cafe in the attached picture. I had it wrong since there are no windows on that cafe side wall.
Where these steps are is next to what is a coffee parlour called Beatties which is right near SIDS Cafe you go up these steps turn left and it’s cobbled and elevates slightly there are a few houses here and you can go down the cobbles which takes you down a bit further down the street I think - we chose just to go back down where we came up like I said I had to hold the handrail coming down

The view at the top of the steps. I love mooching around here trying not to look dodgy as I wander past everyone’s houses :)
4DDABDD8-E512-4938-9784-408A83FACCB0.jpeg

There's quite a lot of filming been done along there all within a small area.
Daisy Lane books,
the Christmas shop window where Compo watches the penguin ski slope automater,
The Shiny glow office,
The steps where the trio tried to hide brightly dressed Howard from Marina,
Nora being harrased by Compo on the cobbled Lane that leads up to Cleggy's early house.
No doubt there's more!

Now I’m not sure where there early houses were so that would be one to do on my list I know they looked a lot different we’ve been to Cleggs house and Howard and pearl which is above the white horse pub in Jackson bridge

... you could stumble down the steps and fall into the arms of Marina ...

A soft, warm landing. Oddly enough, I kind of like the sound of that. One of my favorite scenes is Compo and Marina riding down the hill in a comfy chair after it slides out of Howard's van. :D

Now I have thoughts of Madeira Island Toboggan Runs in my head. [ <- Owner of an over active imagination.]

A soft, warm landing. Oddly enough, I kind of like the sound of that. One of my favorite scenes is Compo and Marina riding down the hill in a comfy chair after it slides out of Howard's van. :D

Now I have thoughts of Madeira Island Toboggan Runs in my head. [ <- Owner of an over active imagination.]
I've done one of those a few years back and they are scary! your wellbeing is in the hands or should I say the feet of those breaking and steering you down the hill!

Just right now stumbled across this video searching for other things. It gives an excellent full view of the steps we have been talking about all in lovely 1080p video. First 30 seconds or so are of the top of the steps, the walkway, the square and the Cafe before they go out on the bus tour. Not watched all of it yet, but really like the intro so far.

Did a quick scan through their videos but only see this one on Holmfirth / LotSW so far. Kudos to those that did the video and shared. :18:

Last edited:
Back