Stations

Superb photos JB. I particularly like the first one of the country station. Such a lot of atmosphere in that pic.

Still captured a station from the show JBCat , Huddersfield features in The Second Husband and the Showgirls

Thanks Captain. Those background buildings in my Huddersfield station photo can be seen in "From Audrey Nash to the Widow Dilhooley", when Ivy and Nora go to meet Audrey. There's another episode too where that station features, when Howard is going to get his photo taken in a booth with Marina (can't remember the title of that one though). It might not be as picturesque as Brockholes but it has that special something as the gateway to Summer Wine country and as for the station frontage outside - wow! I was blown away when I first saw that. Described by John Betjeman as the most splendid in England.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/new-book-hails-huddersfield-railway-13704931

Attachments

• 10 July 2019 Huddersfield station frontage.jpg
    10 July 2019 Huddersfield station frontage.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 9
to the left hand side of Huddersfield station building theres a bar that can be accessed from the platform , its called the Head of Steam , a real ale bar and they put bands on and meals , nice bar to visit you can sit with a drink and watch the activities and trains on the platform

Back