Stand by to repel boarders!

We have been practicing British summer weather here..20/20. Temp of 20C (lowest summer max here in over a decade and close to record lowest!) Rainfall of 20mm.
Pretty much the same forecast for tomorrow!...4 days ago it was over 40C
Looking up average temps for Britain in July (when I will be there) it looks like this is about average for your summer. It is slightly warmer than our winter temps...somewhere around the 18C mark
(which I note is average temp for Inverness in July) So our winter is equivalent to your summer...more or less, you STILL have more rain!
This should make it easy to pack....basically everything I would normally wear in July here is suitable for July THERE! LOL:08:
Been watching more driving videos.....I think I will UPGRADE my hire car insurance!!:(

except this damn cracked rib....don't ask... I was acting my IQ not my age:12:)
Great news for the MOT Brian :):):).

We all do things in keeping with our ever diminishing IQ. I opened up an old scar above my eyebrow pogoing to a band in a Dublin bar a couple of years ago. It thankfully stopped pretty quickly with some ice but one of my friends teeth had collided with my eye in said pogo and it chipped his tooth.It cost him a few quid to get it fixed offered him some cash but he wouldn't take it . He said he was equally as stupid as myself. :13::13:

Should have snow, floods and general mayhem here by the time you arrive. If not I will see if we can organise some yardbrush - ready to repel ....

Floods and general mayhem I have dealt with many times...snow is another matter. I can just remember going sledging (same as sledding...only Scottish) as a kid. I can also remember trying to walk to school and going base over apex on the icy road outside our house. (This was back in the day when we walked 12 miles to school through the driving snow and 12 miles home again at night, before having to shovel a ton of coal so we could cook dinner and get a little warmth . None of this sissy school run in a car!:08:)

The cracked rib is probably an old injury too Captain. I doubt if I have a rib left that hasn't been broken or cracked at some time, usually however the OTHER guy came off worse. No excuses this time though...all my own stupid fault, believe it or not falling INTO bed:oops:.
Went to do the big spekky swan dive trick, forgot a couple of things.... 1. I am not 6 years old any more (multiply by 10+), 2. I am no lightweight, 3. The bed has a solid centre "spine" longitudinally (I dove ACROSS the damn thing) and finally..4. my left hand which was in a sort of fist shape came between the spine and my ribs and so took ALL the momentum...OWWW....made the missus in the other room laugh though!!.:02: (NB: this was NOT a Barry & Glenda play episode...I felt like a mid afternoon nap :eyesroll::sleep: and decided to be an idiot...I SUCCEEDED in THAT!!!!!)

This was about a week ago I have gone from "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" to
"Oh F*%%$ that hurts!" so there is some improvement. I can almost breath again!;)

BTW Barmpot, if you can see your way clear to ensure all the floods, snow, mayhem etc DON'T occur during this...
Flying-Legends-2017-poster.jpg
I would be grateful. This is the airshow I am going to before heading to Summer Wine Country! We have nothing like it over here and I am only going to get this ONE chance.

July Brian Johns - should be able to organise that - no snow, etc

Only snag is M11 although that is one of our less used motorways.

I am sure it will go well ...

Back